Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How come the Chrono Cross movies freeze with Null2 1.35? I have the settings at what everyone usually sets it at. And its not the CDROM since I'm running off all ISO's

all sounds on xa, cdda, etc. spu irq hack

buffer 30
block 3
vag stream on
lin interpolation on
44100Hz, 16 bit

anyway, it doesn't freeze on the intro but it freezes when i get in the game and then an fmv comes on at a important part. Lemme know if anyone getting the same problem.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Everyone gets this - it's a plug-in problem (which I guess will never be solved now it's been discontinued).

You have two choices, use a different spu altogether (the internal one is pretty good - some notes stick, but if you pause and restart they usually go away) or play with the Nulls continuation Prodigy (which I think supports savestates) and savestate regularly - if there's a crash then just switch over to internal, play through the MDEC and switch back. Chrono Cross has very few MDECs in the first disc and they are reasonably predictable (they usually happen as you finish a major story thread, as opposed to say, entering a new area) so this is less hassle than it sounds.To be honest, I just stuck with the internal.

Unfortunately nothing in the emulation world is ever perfect. The good thing with ePSXe is that while sometimes it may fall over, sometimes it's better than perfect. Which is a fair trade off in my book.

·
Premium Member
2,712 Posts
Try Iori's SPU. I am playing Chrono Cross and it sounds perfect.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts