Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone...

I have read posts by users having a similar problem, I've read them, but none of them seems to resolve the issue! >.<

Ok, the problem is...
When I get to the part about Lucca's orphanage (after you fight FATE and Kid is in a coma), the top part of the screen goes black. I've tried navigating my way though without being able to see anything but I'm not getting anywhere >.<

I have tried using Pete's plugin or whatever its called, version 1.76. There are three to choose from when I select config >> video. I've tried all of them and all of them give me the same problem (aside from making the game run s... l... o...w...)

Should I be fiddling around with any of the options on configure? I don't know what they do, but I changed some things and it doesn't work.
And I'm also running ePSEe 1.5.2. I haven't had any problems except for this.
I also use Windows Vista -.-" Should I change the 'compatibility' settings for psxe?

Help!!
And for those kind enough to reply, please assume I know NOTHING about fram and all this other jargon >.<

:D

·
Demon
1,204 Posts
Sorry for hijacking the thread but it's the newest CC thread and it's a shame to pass a hijacking opportunity such as this :D

Anyway, can someone tell me how to change vram manualy (Radeon 4870) in order to speed up CC.

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,477 Posts
Sorry for hijacking the thread but it's the newest CC thread and it's a shame to pass a hijacking opportunity such as this :D

Anyway, can someone tell me how to change vram manualy (Radeon 4870) in order to speed up CC.
Are you friggin' serious? :p Just type it in.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oi don't hijack my thread :p

I think these are my system specifications... 2ghz processor, 2gb memory (ram), 32 bit operating system
is there more I should put -.-"

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,477 Posts
Oi don't hijack my thread :p

I think these are my system specifications... 2ghz processor, 2gb memory (ram), 32 bit operating system
is there more I should put -.-"
Yes. You have a graphics problem, yet you haven't listed your graphics card. Also, we will need to know if you have updated your ePSXe and plugin versions. Speaking of which, Pete's OpenGL1 and D3D plugins are at v1.77.

If I remember correctly, I had this problem years ago and fixed it by adjusting my framebuffer access in the graphics plugin configuration.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
NVIDIA GeForce 7150M / nForce 630M

I think? I went to control panel>>device manager and then clicked display adapters... I guess thats the graphics card...?
(useless I know >.<)

I downloaded version 1.77 & have these three options:
Pete's D3D Driver 1.77
Pete's OpenGL Driver 1.77
Pete's DX6 D3D Driver 1.77

None of them work TT.TT

Maybe it helps to add info about how I'm running the emulator - on properties>> compatibility options the only box I have selected is "Run in 640x480 screen resolution"
And on the configure options for the plugin, well, this is what it looks like:
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=f50vh0&s=5
(assuming that stays the same whichever plugin/option I choose)

I will try a newer version of psxe - I've heard that Chrono Cross doesn't run on new versions though. But its worth a try! (Too sleepy to do it now >.< If this post makes no sense, thats probably the reason why)

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
try setting FBA to 3 and FBT to 2.

·
クロスエクス
4,662 Posts
Why do you have "Run in 640x480" mode enabled? The resolution should be set on the plugins configuration.

Again... try the suggestion given a while ago already.
If that doesn't work, and you're using an Image, try from the CD and vice-versa.

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
this problem is directly related to the settings in the compatibility section, ive seen it before several times.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Why do you have "Run in 640x480" mode enabled? The resolution should be set on the plugins configuration.

Again... try the suggestion given a while ago already.
If that doesn't work, and you're using an Image, try from the CD and vice-versa.

>.< I don't know, thats just how it was (lol)
Thanks guys, I'll try that out ^-^

·
Registered
1 Posts
try setting FBA to 3 and FBT to 2.
Thanks for the tip Jonc2006; I had a similar problem in Tales of Destiny. I arrived at Cherik, which is a desert town and has an effect over the screen that makes it appear as if the town is going in and out of focus, like looking at an object through extremely hot air, needless to say my settings mishandled the effect and instead of that I got a completely black screen with slow scan lines moving up. In these scan lines you could see the game, but it was still unplayable. Now, the town is blurry but at least I can continue playing one of my favorite RPGs. Thanks a ton for your wisdom and effort to help the community.

:thumb: Spirals

·
クロスエクス
4,662 Posts
Does not work using the PEOpS Soft plugin?
Also, if using an Image as said, try from the CD and vice-versa.

Another thing would be to use the memcard on pSX Emulator and try with that emulator instead. (although ePSXe should've work)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts