Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I encontered a strange problem with chrono cross when i changed a few things. not remembering what I changed or what I changed it from I went and read the threads here and did what they suggested but to no good. the problem I am encountering is when i go to the main menu of the game I just get a black screen, like wise when i enter the menu in game. however I can move around in game and on the world map just fine (love save states). I am running 1.5.2 with the following specs
Plugin: Pete's DX6 D3D Driver 1.1.77
Author: Pete Bernert
GFX card: Mobile Intel(R) 945GM Express Chipset Family

Resolution/Color:
- 640x480 Window mode

Textures:
- R8G8A8A8
- Filtering: 5
- Hi-Res textures: 0
- VRam size: 0 MBytes

Framerate:
- FPS limit: on
- Frame skipping: off
- FPS limit: Auto

Compatibility:
- Offscreen drawing: 3
- Framebuffer texture: 2
- Framebuffer access: 2
- Alpha multipass: on
- Mask bit: on
- Advanced blending: hardware

Misc:
- Scanlines: off [0]
- Unfiltered FB: off
- Dithering: off
- Screen smoothing: off
- Full vram: off
- Game fixes: on [00000800]

my system specs are going to make you ask how my comp is running but It runs fine (surprisingly)

OS - vista home basic
processor - intel celeron m - 440 @1.86Ghz
ram - 512
system type - 32 bit

yes the system runs fine oddly so it is not a problem with that since I managed to get chrono cross to run fine untill i made the changes.

thanks in advance for any help rendered.

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
you do have the odd/even bit hack fix enabled right? and are you using save states exclusively? i suggest you load from memory card saves because save states can introduce a wide range of problems. just so you know, this game works fine on 1.7.0 so if you cant get it to work on this version try that one instead (do NOT use 1.6.0).

·
ヒット激しく速く
19,429 Posts
looks like your using the odd/even bit hack (in case you want to keep using ePSXe 1.52) have you tried reinstalling it look at the bottom of this thread to see how to remove ePSXe completlly then reinstall it http://forums.ngemu.com/generic-epsxe-queries/85600-epsxe-configuration-guide-windows.html (one time i had strange graphical problems with it and that did the job) also like jonc said you should try ePSXe 1.7 its newer its better, its also better not to relly on save states to much they can break the game like

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
got it to work some how, thanks for the help. I have tried to run 1.7 but I encounter either the same problem, the screen being fully black regardless or some error message saying something about the video (forgot the message). I figure that why bother with something if i can run another thing that is almost as equally good.

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
if you get a black screen you might want to try loading the game through both an image and by the disc itself (depending on what you are currently doing now), that usually tells you if its the image or the disc you made it from is source the problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts