Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· The Necro-Master
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone. Name's Zero and I've been having an FPS issue with CC on 1.7. I've looked over a bunch of the past issues that 1.7 has had, but none of them have solved my problem.

I've run the game under two different GFX Cards (my ATI Rad 2400 Pro+ HD isn't responding at all for seperate issues). I'm currently trying to play using my intergrated ATI X1250, but can't get anything past 12 FPS.

I'll be honest that I don't know much about the config of the Plug-in's. I've done it though were it appears that it should be running as fast as it can (clicked "Fast" and then lowered somethings more in light of the loss of my superior card). I'm using Pete's OpenGL (updated for 1.7) right now for my plug-in.

Additionally, I've tried running it under my old ePSXe 1.6 with all troubleshooting done to make the game work, but I get an even worse result. However, for some really fudged up reason, on my mother's HP Compaq (about 4 years older and in really bad condition), the game runs perfectly using all the exact same settings, but I'm using a plug-in for an ATI on that machine when it has an nVidia.

Anyone have any insight to this extremely confusing issue?

Edit:

Here are the full specs of my machine as well.

GFX: ATI Rad 2400 Pro+ HD (Not working currently) / ATI x1250

CPU: Some Duo Core thingy at 2.4 GHz on each Core

RAM: 3 GB

Sound: Some intergrated crap.

Yeah, I know that's kind of vauge and uneducated, but I'm more of a Software guy, not a Hardware.

· Banned
35,081 Posts
ati's drivers need the memory amount defined manually.

· The Necro-Master
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alright. Sounds like that could work. Could you give me the run down on how to do that or please direct me to the appropriate area? Thanks a lot Squall.

Zero

· God of Douchebagness™
15,294 Posts
in the video plugin menu manually type in the amount of memory your video card has instead of using the auto-detect setting. if you dont know the amount use the dxdiag utility and it will list it under the display tab.

· The Necro-Master
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Oh right. Heh. I knew how to check that, just wasn't sure what exactly was being talked about. :p Thanks a lot guys. I'll give it a try and let you know how things go.

Edit: Thanks a lot guys. It's working great, with some minor graphic degrading. But I can live with that, seeing as how I can play at more than 12 FPS now. ^_^

Zero

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.