Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im sorry, you'll have to excuse my inability to use emulators correctly.
Im at the dead sea ruins, about to enter the time distortion, and when i am prompted to insert disk 2, im clueless.... i tried file>change disk>ISO>(second disk) and then when it runs, its black screen...
please help a noob in need!

Im using PSX 1.7.0 i believe

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,571 Posts
Changing ISOs in 1.7.0 is borked. You can mount the ISOs into a virtual drive like Daemon Tools and use 'Change Disc' instead.

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same problem, when I change the CD the screen freezes and it always says please change CD, I tried to use daemon tools but when I open the game selecting the CD it opens another folder in the same exam window. How can we get a solution?

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,571 Posts
If it still doesn't work then use ePSXe 1.5.2 or 1.6.0. Be aware that in 1.6.0 Chrono Cross will run at super speed and needs the -noauto commandline option to make it run normally. In 1.5.2, the even/odd bit hack in Pete's video plugins needs to be activated.

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
the problem occurs when switching from one image to another, so playing directly off and/or switching between the physical game disc(s) when prompted will work fine.

what masta.g.86 mentioned above regarding older versions will work as well although i suggest you forget the part about 1.6.0 with this game, its not worth the trouble and even with the command switch in-use it has been known to still have some quirks.

as far as 1.5.2 goes, it will run the game fine but you just need to have the odd/even bit hack fix enabled in the video plugin config.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.