Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is just a note: CC crashes at the Viper Manor, during the old man's explanation about the world splitting up. Sometimes it crashes right away, sometimes it crasher in the middle of the explanation and once it hasn't even crashed. This freezes your computer, and Ctrl Alt Del won't work. Also, your saved files from your last game session will be erased, returning to what they once were before you update the info. During tha crash, the graphics are all messed up, what makes me think it's a video prob. I use Pete's OpenGL, and haven't tested with other plugins.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Huh didnt happen to me, try setting the setings to 'fast' to turn off any special effects that could be crashing you to get by that part. For chrono cross I would reccomend using pete's software driver, because the hardware drivers cant do any of the cool <div style="width:100%; filter:Blur(strength=5);"> blur effects </div>, etc. without a slowdown.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
It sounds to me like you may be using scratched cds, you might want to try an iso if you are. Or if you're using an iso try the original cds. Don't forget to enable fvp. And if you have a good enough vid card/machine you'll have no problems whatsoever with the opengl and d3d plug-ins in getting the cool blur effects.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a GeForce2 MX, so slowdowns are very rare. I've only tested this for three times, since it's a pain to restart the game from an early point after the PC freezes. I'll try to find out what's happening or how to solve the problem.

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Just a long shot but if I recall correctly that part need full vram primitives to display correctly. Try switching them on/off to see if that helps.:confused:

·
Key To The Universe
2,712 Posts
I finished the game without problems with Lewpy's Glide.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Full Vram worked like a charm. I've noticed some other changes, too, like the intro to the battles. Perhaps this feature is the answer to the FF7 swirls question?

·
Key To The Universe
2,712 Posts
Most special effects like swirls and blurs uses the Full Vram feature. Disabling it can get you a great speed up, but no such effects.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts