Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know of the problem with Pip (the strange fuzzy creature who can turn into a devilish or heavenly creature) and his slots beyond the 27th not coming up. But I got another problem with Pip.

When I get him back on the SS Invincible just before you go on the quest to defeat the 6 dragons. When I put him in my party the game locks up after every battle. I can press F7 two times to procede, but sometimes ePSXe just crashes and I am left with the DOS screen from that program which always runs together with ePSXe.

I use Petes opengl plugin, have a P3 450 TNT2.
Always play from ISOs for speed improvement. Game works allright.
settings:
Plugin: Pete's OpenGL Driver 1.1.55
Author: Pete Bernert
Card vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
GFX card: RIVA TNT (AGP)

Resolution/Color:
- 640x480 Fullscreen - [16 Bit]
- Keep psx aspect ratio: off

Textures:
- R4G4B4A4
- Filtering: 0
- Caching: 2

Framerate:
- FPS limitation: on
- Frame skipping: on
- FPS limit: Auto

Compatibility:
- Offscreen drawing: 2
- Framebuffer texture: 1
- Alpha multipass: off
- Mask bit: off
- Advanced blending: off

Misc:
- Scanlines: on [0]
- Line mode: off
- Unfiltered FB: off
- Dithering: on
- Full vram: on
- Game fixes: on [00000100]

Oh, and does anyone know how to solve the problem with Pip and his not appearing slots (form 27). I checked this FAQ from Gamefaqs about Tumalu (or Pip in American) and he didn't solve it.

·
Registered
12,014 Posts
Try using "-cdinc" instead of F7, and maybe that will work. As for Pip's missing slots, that's impossible to figure out. He only gets certain slots if he powers up at certain levels. Even at his maximum efficiency, I didn't find the effort worth the while.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Will try that later...But I just wanna say....He got the slots !!!!

I have no problems with his slots. I got Pip transformed into "angel Pip" before I became Lynx and got him back around star 29 or so. Just used a lot of blue magic (wanted him to have blue elemental) against anyone I fought and he transformed into "archangel Pip" when I had 30 stars. After defeating one of those dragons and getting the 32nd star he got his slots from 28 to 32!!! Pip Rules!! Only Serge has better strength then Pip in my game. And Archangel Pip should become quite a magic user!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.