Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm using the ISO version of Chrono Cross. When it tells me to insert disc 2:

I hit ESC -> File > Change Disc > ISO > Disc 2

All I get is a black screen. I can still enter full screen but that's about it. I searched around and found a solution to downgrade to 1.6 (Haven't tried it yet). Is there any way to make it work on 1.7?

Thank You.

·
soshin
2,595 Posts
Try mounting it on a virtual drive (like Daemon Tools), playing it by using Open CD, and then if you want to change, just press ESC -> File -> Change disc -> CD. The 1.7 has some issues when it comes to changing CDs using the Change ISO command

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did this help? I have the same problem, was having a bit of problems with daemon, more than likely my own personal problems with creating discs and such since it wont load just by installing it (I think?) so i wasnt sure if there was another way of picking up where i left off rather than downgrading to 1.6 and starting the game over again.

EDIT: Never mind, read another post from someone talking about copying saved states to a 1.6 emulator then switching back, works perfectly with changing discs!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry for never replying. Some stuff came up and didn't have comp for a while. Anyways, I finally tried mounting it but all it says is to insert the disc and then click ok. After I click ok, it just resumes where it was on disc 1.

I then reverted back to 1.6 and I get the same results. Screen still stays black and the error message above when I try mounting it. Also in 1.6, the game runs way too fast. Any further help would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
does the logger mention anything strange when you make an attempt to change the discs?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The thing with that is, I can only mount Disc 2. Disc 1 is an .img and I have no idea how to mount that. I don't see anywhere in Daemon Tools supporting that. However, if I click all files and select the .img from there, it looks like it has been mounted but when I try from epsxe, nothing plays.

Disc 2 is an .cue, so I have no problem with that. If you could tell me how to change .img into an .cue or an .iso that would be awesome.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
DT supports img files just fine. its probably a CloneCD rip missing the ccd and sub files.

·
Registered
603 Posts
DT supports .img files, but you have to select to view All Files when mounting one. (In the dropdown box) if you're missing the CCD/SUB files.
I already mentioned this in other topics, but going from ISO to CDROM when changing discs will not work. You're required to mount both discs and run both as a CDROM instead of ISO after that to have the disc changing working correctly.

It's possible that that particular game is indeed missing something that's required from the CCD/SUB files though, which would cause it to not load in ePSXe.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I actually do have the CCD/SUB files. I did what you guys said: All files > select the .img file. I mounted it that way and tried to Run CDrom from epsxe. But nothing plays, I see the Analog thing on the top right and it stays there and the screen stays black.

I guess my CCD/SUB files are corrupted? I'll try to get new ones unless someone here can supply me with them D:. Thanks for replying!

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
we cant allow distribution of copyrighted material here, sorry. if you suspect the image itself is the source of the problem though the best thing to do would be to just make another one and see if it corrects the problem.

if it doesnt fix it after that that, rather than giving up i suggest you actually keep at it and try using a different program to create your image instead or at least try out another format before throwing in the towel.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
I was looking around for an answer to the same problem Layola was having, and by testing some stuff plus some info from this thread, I found the solution. All you have to do is to install Alcohol 120%, then mount two virtual drives: One with the .iso from your first disk, and the other with the second .iso . With that done, run the game from the CD, and it will (hopefully) pick up disk one; if not, changing the order of the mounting should fix it, I guess. After that, load the state when it asks you for Disk 2, press escape, then pick "Load from CDROM" again, then it picks up disk two. Problem fixed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Shheeeeessh, ALL OF THE THINGS YOU SAID WERE PRETTY HARD TO GET AT FIRST but there's a simpler way of just solving the problem!

Tch, I had to just read all of your replies and all can be resolved by just removing the FPS DISPLAY and then just change the disc normally like what you would do in FF9 in the same emulator. Daemon tools MAH ASS! :lol: :eyemove: :thumb:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Here the solution

1.you must have Psxfin (another emulator for ps1)
2.copy your memory card into Psxfin memory card
(File -> Configuration -> Memory cards -> choose your epsxe memory card)

3.insert bios + control configuration
4.insert your disk(File -> Insert CD Image -> CronoCross disk1)
5.continue your game with this emulator
6.play until you must change your disk
7.change your disk(File -> Insert CD Image -> CronoCross disk2)
8.continue your game and save

9.now you play on psxfin or copy your memory card back to epsxe memory card so you can play it on your epsxe

Hope it works! :thumb:

you can download psxfin at: http://psxemulator.gazaxian.com/

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.