Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
im runing chrono cross on epsxe 1.4.0 with lewpis gpu and a system of voodoo5500 and athlon.
the game was running perfectly til i got to the place where i have to help kid so i found the hydra potion thingy and as i go back to the town where kid is the screen goes blank: i can hear the music but i cant do anything except exit the amulator

·
Key To The Universe
2,712 Posts
Never heard of this kind of error before in CC. You seem to have a bad copy of the game, or a scratched CD.

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
Hmm, I've heard of this problem. While I track it down, F7 might work to get you past that (or keep pressing the confirmation key and you'll eventually get past it).

·
Key To The Universe
2,712 Posts
I don't think this is a F7 issue. I got past this part of the game and I didn't need any special trick.

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
Alas, all the threads about random black screens have been automatically deleted, apparently. I never ran into this problem, so I don't have a solution. Maybe someone who did will answer the thread?

Zephon: You're right, it was just an answer to give in the meantime.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
il try if u realy think thatl do the trick but i was hoping that someone encountred it and has a solid solution

·
Registered
310 Posts
an iso is an image on the cd you ripped so when you burn it or load it in a proggie you get the same data with those in the cd you ripped as for making them you can use some proggies floating around the net like cdrwin.

·
Key To The Universe
2,712 Posts
Search around the forum and you'll find the instructions to make an ISO.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Chrono Cross black screens

Originally posted by kain425
il try if u realy think thatl do the trick but i was hoping that someone encountred it and has a solid solution
I have encountered that very same problem, and it's a real one with Chrono Cross and ePSXe.

The solution has been suggested already: just press F7 when the screen goes black. You'll need to do that every time someone joins your party, and every time you want to access the teleporter (the problem is related to the character selection screen).

Please notice that the 'F7' thing was built in as a workaround for this specific bug! The portrait gfx will be all scrambled after pressing F7, but the game works fine.

Hope this helps...

ciao,
Igor

·
Key To The Universe
2,712 Posts
Re: Chrono Cross black screens

Originally posted by Egon
I have encountered that very same problem, and it's a real one with Chrono Cross and ePSXe.

The solution has been suggested already: just press F7 when the screen goes black. You'll need to do that every time someone joins your party, and every time you want to access the teleporter (the problem is related to the character selection screen).

Please notice that the 'F7' thing was built in as a workaround for this specific bug! The portrait gfx will be all scrambled after pressing F7, but the game works fine.
Egon, I don't know if you read the first replies from this thread, but we already explained that it's not an F7 issue. He's got a different problem.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Re: Re: Chrono Cross black screens

Originally posted by Zephon

Egon, I don't know if you read the first replies from this thread, but we already explained that it's not an F7 issue. He's got a different problem.
hmmm.

The original poster has not even tried it yet (it's in his reply). It's in one of those posts you suggest I have not read.

I am playing through CC RIGHT NOW, and I am encountering the same exact problem that was described: lock up, music plays in the background, black screen, no response to any key presses, except for the F7 key.

It happens each time the character selection screen is brought up. If memory serves, the fisher boy leaves the party as soon as you reach the docks again, after gaining the hydra humour. I remember this really well as the little b*****d had a whole lot of nice elements I gave him, and I could not get them back. The character selection screen is brought up automatically, triggered by a member leaving your party.

Should that be the part where the lock-up occurrs, then perhaps it IS an F7 error.

Let the original poster try, and get back to us. The only post speaking against an F7 solution is your own, and you provide no explanation nor evidence, like I have. I would love to be enlightened at this stage, if you could only try to be a little nicer. More than one line per post would be appreciated, and a less authoritative tone would be nice.

The ultimate reply is for the original poster to give, though... any word??

·
Key To The Universe
2,712 Posts
Maybe you're right, I played the game also some time ago, but I don't remember the details as you do. However, if the problem occured when the boy was leaving the party, it should have happened before, when he joined the party also, I think. I remember of the game freezing for the first time when someone joined my party, not when somebody left. Let's see if kain425 can answer us.

·
Registered
6 Posts
screen bug

Yeah, the bug is an odd one. On my machine, it first showed up about 12 hours into the game (game time from the inventory screen), after Serge and Lynx exchange bodies. It's rather annoying, but the workaround is good. IF it's the problem we were discussing, that is :)

It's been there ever since, regular, every time I access the party management screen. Some people never get it, some get it first time; I don't know how it works, since it did not coincide with any setting changes... it just kind of happened one day.

Bah.

Excellent game, though.. wipes the floor with anything else I've played. And then it laughs. Without breaking a sweat.

·
Key To The Universe
2,712 Posts
When I got close to the end, the problem seemed to have disapeared, and the Tele-porter/party joining worked all fine.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Oops! The problem has manifested itself here, too. Why does it occur only after Kid's poisoning? It happened when Korcha's mother joined my party, but many others hae joined my party before that without any problem.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts