Next Generation Emulation banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, now I have read most (if not all) of the threads about Chrono Cross Problems, but I can not fix mine, So here it is.

I can start Chrono Chross, watch the intro (before new game) and see the first menu screen, BUT when I go to start a new game, it just goes to a black screen, and sits there forever (I am thinking it is having issues playing the FMV that should be at that point.

I have tried to change different setting in the emulater, but still no luck, so here is what I have tried:

The Emu is - ePSXe V1.6 (is the only one I have tried)
BIOS - the folloing - 1001, 7001, 9002
Video Plugins tried - Pete's OpelGL driver ALL (have not tried his other DX ones) and Hvae tried P.E.Op.S.SoftDriver V1.16
Sound plugins - ALL that I can find
CD Plugin - ALL That I can find

My Sys Specs are as follows

CPU - P4 3.2GHz
RAM - 1GB ddr 400MHz Duel Channel
Video Card - Radeon 9600 XT 128MB drivers = Cat 4.9
Mobo - Abit IS7-G
HD - 250GB Sata
Standard CD Writer

P.S I was using my CD's in the beginning, But now I am Using ISO's I downloaded (As I had trouble making my own)
It makes no differance weather I use CD's or ISO's

Thanks

RX4

·
Registered
254 Posts
It's illegal to download an iso; it doesn't matter if you own the original cd, legal isos are those which you make by yourself.
Why did you have problems making your own iso? Try tell us some more details and we may help you; making an iso is not a difficoult task ;) .
Back to your problem: to run CC properly you MUST start ePSXe with the "-noauto" command line, to make so just do a shortcut to your ePSXe.exe, right click on it and in the "target" filed, which should be something like "C:\ePSXe1.6.0\ePSXe.exe", add "-noauto" (without the "") and it should be like this:

"C:\ePSXe1.6.0\ePSXe.exe" -noauto

Now run ePSXe from this new shortcut and see if it helps.

-DeathPenalty

·
Registered
15 Posts
Lol this is weird. I finished Chrono Cross without any problems (except for the fact that I when I wanted to go to the status screen the game froze :lol: ), WITHOUT the -noauto command line! oO Wonder what that is...?
As for the isos, Deathpenalty is right. ^^

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,979 Posts
try using 1.5.2. and don't download ISOs. read the [rules]rules[/rules] man, please. why would you download warez if you already own the game...?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
To hushypushy, and DeathPenalty,

1. I got it working, thanks

2. You ARE allowed to download a ISO if you own the game, trust me on this, I have read the laws on Piracy in my Country, also I know making a ISO is not a hard task, I do it ALL the time, as I like having two copys of my game, just in case the disc's get damaged, I just had trouble making one for Chrono Cross.

Next I downloaded a ISO, as my disc's were damaged, this was also the reason did not make my own

Next You said "Try tell us some more details and we may help you" What more info can i give you, I told you all there is to know, but if you want I could write a "The history of Computers" for you, would that be more detail?

Anyway, thanks

P.S I live in New Zealand, not the US of Gay

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
>You ARE allowed to download a ISO if you own the game

In theory that could be true, but the act of providing it for download is illegal, and thus we do not support downloaded ISOs

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,979 Posts
Next I downloaded a ISO, as my disc's were damaged, this was also the reason did not make my own
here's a helpful link for you: http://ri.essortment.com/cdcare_rvok.htm
Next You said "Try tell us some more details and we may help you"
he said that because he wanted to know more details about why you couldn't make an ISO, that's all.

P.S I live in New Zealand, not the US of Gay
please, don't get me started on New Zealand man.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nothing wrong with NZ, we are clean and green, and we don’t have over 1000 gun deaths per year (unlike another certain Country), we also don’t Invade Country's and justify it by lying to the public, next we don't disregard votes of elections just because those votes came from black people, we also don't have over 1000 nukes(alike another Country that launched two of them at Japan a few years ago) , we don't have police violence, and we don't ignore repeated security warnings about a possible terrorist attack, also we don’t think we are better then everyone else (*cough* American’s *cough*), and when was the last time some students in NZ went nato in a school with semi automatic weapons (can you say Columbine ?) and ……………., well the list just goes on, so don't you get me started ya F ucking n00b

P.S Bush is also a F ucking N00b

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
Hmm..... Someone who just joined, with 3 posts is calling someone whose been here for about 18 months, with 8136 posts a n00b. My guess si that you really don't have a clue what a n00b is.
Now I suggest you stop slagging off the US before I bithslap you. There is no need for that kind of behaviour in this thread

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
Back to the problem, for better compatibility, enable the Odd/even bit hack option in your video plugin Game fixes section ;)

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,979 Posts
RX4, i'm not even going to stoop down to your level. it's obvious that you are ignorant about the USA, and you know what? i'll let you stay in the dark with your predjudices.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
lol, me an n00b?
I don't think so, and just because I only have 4 posts on this forum, does not mean that do not have thousands on other (because this might be a shock, but this is not the only forum out there).

Also, I bet I know more about computing then alot of you, as I am a MCSE (for you n00bs that is a "Microsoft Certified System's Engineer")

I only came to this forum because you guys are experts with emulators etc, and I needed help with an emulator problem, lol

Anyway, I love the dark side, and I am not Ignorant of the USA, as all the things I said are in fact true, you can not deny that

RX4 Out................. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,979 Posts
you've never been to the US, have you? you make it seem like our streets are overrun by crime and predjudice, that our president singlehandedly wipes out the intelligence in this country, and that everyone is a moron.

but it's not. the US is a great place to live, and even though i live in a city of ~1 million people (san jose, CA, stop by sometime) it's nice, and safe.

the US is one of the world's leading powers. so when super way cool nothing-is-wrong-with-it New Zealand decides to i dunno, become at least somewhat significant in the world, let me know. new zealand is about the size of Colorado (a medium sized state) and has about 4 million people, approximately the amount in just the Bay Area (where i live) alone. the US is about 50 times larger in area, and has about 75 times more people. we have a lot more freedoms than you do. if you're cool with a Parliamentary Democracy with a wishy washy constitution and a legal system that mooches off England, then, you know that's cool with me man. the reason you guys are at a lack of problems is because you are at a lack of complexity. you have a tiny country with a small amount of people, of course your problems are gonna be less.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I never said NZ was perfect, as no country is, and we do not mooch off England, get ya facts right. Sure NZ was once an English colony but since then we have become an inderpendant country and we get no finantioal support or help from England what so ever.
We also may not be super power but that is fine, we are a nice quite country were people can come to get away from hectic life-styles, and I would not want to live in a heavy populated area.

Also I am not trying to have a flaming war with anyone here, but the USA seems to be very hypocritical, sure I have never been there, and sure I do want to one day visit.

And just in case you are wanting to know why the USA is hypocritical, it is because they feel it is ok to be checking up on other countries with weapons of mass destruction, but the USA has enough firepower, war heads, chemical and nuclear weapons to wipe out all life on earth 10+ times over, and may I ask who is inspecting the US's weapons of mass destruction? Well it is not the UN, as the are not allowed, but the USA fells it is ok to force other countries to de-clear what they have, and be open to inspection. Could you just imagine Russia trying to send weapons inspectors into the US? I don't think so, but the US would want to do the same to Russia.......

Anyway Mr Hush, I am glade to see that you did some research, even though some of it was abit off

RX4, Out.........

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,979 Posts
by "mooch off england" i was referring to the fact that NZ is basically based on England, besides the fact that it was an english colony and still carries part of the british flag, your basically judicial system is based off England's.

anywho, look at the US. we don't poke any other countries--we only poke back. when was the last time the US started crap with other countries? before you, i, or anyone we know was born, that's for sure. the japanese at pearl harbor---they attacked us, so we kicked their ass with atom bombs. but hey now we are friends. the middle eastern countries gave us 9-11, so we're in the process of shaking em down. WWI and II were started by others and we jumped in. the reason the US has weapons and we are checking to make sure no one else has them is because we are actually responsible with them. when was the last time the US started terrorism? tried to attack other countries?

anywho, i'm closing this thread, it's waaaay off topic by now. RX4, feel free to browse the rest of the site, ask more emulation questions, enjoy your own emulation, and even visit #ngemu on efnet. however, no more USA bashing (or any other country!), thanks :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.