Next Generation Emulation banner

Chrono Cross - Battle Screen Issue

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  General Plot 
#1 ·
For some reason, after I've attacked something a few times and build up my Element Level, the current Element Level does not flash like it does in other plugins. It either stays solid or stays off completely. Image attached, done using ePSXe 1.5.2.

Plugin: Pete's OpenGL2 Driver 2.7
Author: Pete Bernert
Card vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
GFX card: GeForce FX 5200/AGP/SSE2

Resolution/Color:
- 800x600 Window mode
- Internal X resolution: 1
- Internal Y resolution: 1
- Keep psx aspect ratio: off
- No render-to-texture: off

- Filtering: 0
- Hi-Res textures: 0
- TexWin pixel shader: off
- VRam size: 0 MBytes

Framerate:
- FPS limitation: on
- Frame skipping: off
- FPS limit: Auto

Compatibility:
- Offscreen drawing: 2
- Framebuffer effects: 2
- Framebuffer uploads: 1

Misc:
- Scanlines: off
- Mdec filter: on
- Screen filtering: on
- Shader effects: 0/1
- Flicker-fix border size: 0
- GF4/XP crash fix: off
- Game fixes: on [00001000]
P.S. I'd also like to add that transitions from battle swirl to battle screen slows down from 59.9 fps to around 40 fps for a few seconds. I'd like to know if there is any way to fix this, because the way OGL2 and the PEOPS plugin do the swirl is accurate compared to others. :S

#2 ·
I would say frame skipping, but I see you have it turned off. Perhaps it's the offscreen drawing setting you have? (although you probably need that for the swirl). One thing you can try is increasing the fps by 10 fps.

Still, it's a minor problem since the elemental level is working correctly.

As for the swirl, i think it slows most computers down, since it uses tons of offscreen drawing computations, along with needing to read data of the disc/image. I don't think there's really anything you can do (save incorrectly emulating the effect altogether).

#7 ·
You have no idea what you're talking about. A faster processor would do nothing, nor would a GPU. An FX 5200 is more than sufficient.

#8 ·
cooliscool said:
You have no idea what you're talking about. A faster processor would do nothing, nor would a GPU. An FX 5200 is more than sufficient.
Unfortunately, I can confirm that statement. Even the crappy FX5200 can run it.:p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.