Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got this yesterday, and it has many problems for me to fix :) (Something to do at last!) Although there are some problems at startup, the game does work, although there are some graphical bugs here and there, and the game runs at a very decent speed! :)

· Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: Re: Chrono Cross and NextGL v1.6

Originally posted by prafull

Just wondering.Do you ever use save states to fix your plugin problems even without actually having the game cd ?
I do use save states, but I always start the game either using the original CD or an ISO. :)

· Premium Member
8,592 Posts
Originally posted by Neojag
hum, could anyone explain me how to use savestates to test games?
hehe... It's very simple.. Savestates of psx game contain all the information at a certain point of the game... gpu, spu, sio irq's.. So, if someone sends you a savestate of a game, preferably before anything is about to load, then you can play that part of the game until you reach a part of the game that need information from the psx cd.. At which point, there won't be any new info to load from.. Hence, end of demo.. I remember Prafull was doing this a while back and was asking to do a savestate repository where people could test games on epsxe using purely savestates.. You should PM him..

ON a real psx, when you play a game and the game isn't loading anything at the moment from the psx cd, you can take out the game cd, and put in any old music cd.. The music cd would play while you play the game.. Of course when it gets to a load point, you have to put the game cd back in.. :)

· Registered
5,568 Posts
Originally posted by fivefeet8
I remember Prafull was doing this a while back and was asking to do a savestate repository where people could test games on epsxe using purely savestates.. You should PM him..

Yes I was and in fact still am.So pm me.;)
Btw its really fun with few games.Check out screenshots taken from save states and few posts by me about the same.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.