Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Look at this:

OK Note that the image file size is 800x600 (had to resize it) but I play on the resolution of 1280x1024

Anyway as u can see the character models = great but my only issue is the pixel-ated sceneries!! Why is it like this? I changed the settings in ePSXe (like the textures) and the resolution I play it on and still like this.

aren't the backgrounds of cities or shops/Ins (like u see in the pic) ment to be pre-rendered backgrounds (like FF7, 8 9 etc)

also I even loaded my FF8 disc and got pixel background and not nicer pre-rendered

any help please? :bow:

· Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
23,380 Posts
it's because the poor backgrounds are in 320x240, the more you blow them up, the crappier they'll look ;)

the best you can do is to play at a multiple of 320x240 (640x480, 960x720, etc) and you can use shaders to blur the background a bit. but you wont get hi-res.

· The Hunter
17,202 Posts
What I used to do with FF9 was turning on Shader Effects (GLSlang smoothing) and setting it to Shader Level 2. This made it look a bit softer, but not too blurred. (btw, this will only work in Pete's OGL2 AFAIK)

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh I see, I guess this is a standard thing then, I'll see if shaders make a difference. a shame this is happening because the scenery and environments is what I think appeals to me the *MOST* in RPGs. (the music sets the theme and backs this claim)

That's why I love FFVIII the best! oh well...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.