Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried Chrono Cross for PSX on the EPSXE emulator and with out the pec cheater it worked. it loaded the game. When I tried to play the game with cheats enabled, epsxe would crash at the games boot. I would see a black screen with 60fps. Anyone have any Explanation as to why this is happening? my emu setup is this.....EPSXE 1.6.0 , SCPH-1001 bios, petes D3D video driver 1.76, peops dsound audio driver 1.9, and epsxe's built in cd driver. my pc config is amd sempron 2500+, 256mb ram , geforce fx 5200 u , and sb live 24bit. any answer will be greatly appriciated.

· Classic Games Lover
5,856 Posts
First of all you should switch to ePSXe 1.5.2 if you want to play Chrono Cross. Have you configurated the graphic plugin inside pec? You also could enable the console and see what the emu writes there.

· Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok....i tried 1.5.2 and now without the pec it still works....but with it ...as soon as i hit run cd....the screen goes black and after a little bit...it goes back to the desktop..the program closes without no error or nothing. please help!

· Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
23,380 Posts
maybe the cheats you're using are conflicting. try turning them all off and then turning them on one by one to see if it works

· Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I dont think its a bad image....if I try the same image without PEC, it works perfect with no problems. It's when I use it with PEC, then I get that error and even sometimes it crashes without even warning.

· Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
23,380 Posts
ok well then it's probably the cheat causing problems. it works fine without the cheat...it crashes with the cheat. there ya go. just dont cheat ;)

try another code, or just dont use it at all. remember, gameshark was dodgy on the real PSX also ;)

· Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah I did a lot of testing over the weekend and just like you said, codes were conflicting. I tried a certain set of codes and it worked. But a different set caused the game to crash. I just find Chrono Cross hard to beat without cheats, because I find it's battle system a bit confusing. (well confusing because Im used to the whole FF series battle system before FFXI) I haven't beaten the game and it looks like an awesome game to play....now Im just going to have to suffice with the cheats that work unless someone can help fix it. I guess it's ok because of the hard work the dev's did to make PSX emulation even possible. And I stress my thanks even more to PS2 emulation (thanks PCSX2 team!) because they will help me play FFX on my pc! (Eventually) But seriously....FFX was my fav of all the FF series....FFVIII was second.

· Emu Author
616 Posts
wow i like this guy already....ffx and ffVIII are 2 of the best ff games in my honest opinion, i still learn new things about the storyline in 8 every time i play it(god i analyzed it so much its not even funny :thumb: )

· Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
In terms of storyline....FFVIII is the best IMO. I still play that game on a regular basis....after how long ago it was released....it never gets old. I always thought Yuna sounded like a robot. Hello......myname.....is....yu..na. Other than that....I give both FFX and FFVIII a 10/10. I thought FFIX was ok but Necron was a ***** to beat. As soon as FFXI was released....it didn't take long for me to get addicted. ;)

· Registered
211 Posts
gotmilk70 said:
Yeah I did a lot of testing over the weekend and just like you said, codes were conflicting. I tried a certain set of codes and it worked. But a different set caused the game to crash. I just find Chrono Cross hard to beat without cheats, because I find it's battle system a bit confusing. (well confusing because Im used to the whole FF series battle system before FFXI) I haven't beaten the game and it looks like an awesome game to play....now Im just going to have to suffice with the cheats that work unless someone can help fix it. I guess it's ok because of the hard work the dev's did to make PSX emulation even possible. And I stress my thanks even more to PS2 emulation (thanks PCSX2 team!) because they will help me play FFX on my pc! (Eventually) But seriously....FFX was my fav of all the FF series....FFVIII was second.
Lol in that case don't ever play any MeganTen game or xenogears for that matter. I honestly prefer a great battle system over a great storyline. Chrono Cross has a pretty good fighting system I like to feel involved while I am battling in any RPG, that's why xenogears kicks ass.

· Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The battle system will not stop me from playing a game. I said Chrono Cross'es battle system was confusing.....not impossible. I can find a way around it. I heard xenogears was awesome so I might just see if gamestop or eb has one used. Im just a very big fan of the FF series and RPG's in general.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.