Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Crasher of Castles
7,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BEDFORD, New York (AP) -- Christopher Reeve, the star of the "Superman" movies whose near-fatal riding accident nine years ago turned him into a worldwide advocate for spinal cord research, died Sunday of heart failure, his publicist said. He was 52.
http://www.cnn.com/2004/SHOWBIZ/Movies/10/11/obit.reeve.ap/index.html

The one and only Superman. He was very admirable for trying to get people more into his foundation and whatnot, and i'm kinda wandering what they are going to do with his role on Smallville now also. :( :(

This really sucks.

·
!!!METAL UNCLE!!!
1,951 Posts
This is sad. He was a great aid in funding help to permanently-paralyzed people. :(

·
Eh??
1,737 Posts
Thats really bad news... Not only he was a great person with a great heart, he was also a superb actor!
"Goodbye, Reeve!! May you rest in piece!"

·
He's watching you.
1,221 Posts
very sad news indeed.

·
Retired
8,882 Posts
I just saw these news on the Transhumanist lists. He was very respected at the >H (Transhuman) communities, because of his commitment to stem cell research and the rights of the disabled (which are big points in the >H agenda).

Requiescat in pace :(

·
Registered
10,223 Posts
saw the news on cnn about an hour ago, think he died of heart failure as he was in a coma or something along the lines, its a shame though, he was a pretty inspiring person

·
Canadian Spaceman
8,767 Posts
Wow, we have lost quite a few amazing people recently. :( Atleast he wont be confined to the chair anymore. May he rest in peace.

·
Psychotic Robot Master
1,477 Posts
damn thats some news that really saddens me,I liked that guy alot.The Original Superman for life *salutes*... :(

1 - 14 of 14 Posts