Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!
Someone can help me? I've got problem of performances with visual boy advance (both version 1.72 and 1.8), I've search in all options something that can resolve it but... nothing has changed!
For example I'm playing super robot taisen d at 20 fps with choppy sound...

If someone can help me I will very grateful!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
fireblaster_lyz said:
Post your com specs...
It happens in both comp which I own,however :

PII 450 128 mb of SDRAM,Nvidia Geforce mx100 32 mb RAM, HD 4.5 Gb SCSI
Athlon 3000 XP 512 mb DDR 400,Geforce Fx5200 128 mb,HD 80 Gb IDE

(However, yesterday I've downloaded the CE version of Visual Boy and things runs much better, it's just a matter of right settings between sound accuracy and visual smoothness.This version has not been runned yet on Athlon...)

Thank You!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
PiggyFlyer said:
LOL.. well.. at least with the PII... but that XP3000+ should be fine.
Later I'll try CE version with AthlonXp: this version in PII works very better,maybe on the Athlon works VERY VERY better

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
PiggyFlyer said:
you might want to update your video card drivers aswell, if you know how to do that.. sorry if you do :heh:
Thank you anyway :) I've already done it many and many times... I like to keep updated my hardware!

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
With your pentium 2, just forget about playing with 0 frameskip. The minimum requirements is at least a 400MHz processor, but you can probably play at full fps with a very high frameskip setting

the AthlonXP you should have no problems with. Sometimes filters can slow down things even with a fast processor, so try to disable all visual enhancements that you enabled. Also general speedup techniques with Windows can help things out too.

·
Emulation Junkie
828 Posts
What sound hardware are you using???? Onboard audio or a soundcard??? If it's a soundblaster live, expect to have sound problems....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
<To last 3 posts>

Thank you very much to all!!!
With pentium II I'm playing at frameskip 2 with CE version and nothing filters enabled, also using directdraw rendering with mmx; however, i have disabled all "heavy" features (also sound rate is at 11 khz :).
CE version work well than other versions but it's still at 60%, maybe i can't claim anymore from this poor machine :).
Well, tomorrow i'll try the Athlon (maybe i'll remember a wring thing) and we'll see!!!

Semi-Last words :
I've noticed in boycott advance (latest version) in PII that graphics runs very very fluid (absolutely no problems) but sound it's simple orrible:so i've disabled the 2 directsound channels and the problem vanished...together with the 70% (approximatively) of game sounds (obviously) this makes me think that there's a problem in directsound but i'm not sure (or maybe is the emulator that isn't optimized to 100%)

Last bullet for Jldnr77: yes i have a soundblaster live in PII (directx 9.0b and acceleration set to maximum; i've tried to decrease its value too, but nothing changed) and maybe you're right, i trust! (because i've noticed sound problems also in BoyCott)

Another time:Thank you to all!!!
I'll let you know soon how the battle will finish :)
See Ya!

·
Emulation Junkie
828 Posts
Try RascalBoy Advance...it seems to work fine with soundblasters....if you can stand using your keyboard as your controller.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts