Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I am having some problems running EPSXE...
my problem is that MDECs movies do not run smoothly ... don't know why :(
They are very choppy and the audio skips a lot ... the actual in game play is perfect though.

I'm using the latest epsxe, tried all PETEs plugins (both OpenGL and DirectX) and also Kazzuya's software plugin, same problem.
I'm running the latest drivers on my video card, and DirectX 8.
Tried Nulls and PETE audio plugins, and EPSXE internal audio plugin as well.

My PC specs:
Microsoft Windows XP
Pentium III 800Mhz
Nvidia Geforce 2 Mx 400 64MB
385MB ram

Thanks in advance!

· Premium Member
2,776 Posts
What game are you trying to play? Or does it happen with all games?

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks for the help guys.
I tried FF9, Vagrant Story and Tenchu 2 and all of them had the same skipping MDECs.
I'll try with the framebuffer thing and making an iso when I'm back home from work and I'll let you know if that worked :)

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi,
I checked my configuration, Unfiltered framebuffer was already enabled :(
Also, how do I disable VSYNC?
Couldn't find the option in the configuration of the plugin... do I have to turn it off directly from the main windows video card conf screen?
Thanks in advance

· Registered
19 Posts
it might be a geforce2 mx thing. I have an old voodoo3 on my one computer (Celeron 466 256 SDRAM), and that runs everything else slower, but the mdecs at normal speed, my other much faster computer (Athlon 1.2GHz, 256 SDRAM) which used to have a geforce2 mx400 in it always ran the mdecs a little choppy no matter what I did.
getting a tweaking utility is probably your best bet, try voodoofiles.com, they have a good geforce file section.
-kosamae

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks kosamae,
I think the Geforce2 mx 400 is actually the problem, as I have tried everything suggested and I'm still getting that choppy movies.
Hopefully the epsxe team will fix that soon.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.