Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a hard time figuring out how to make the other paritions (other than the first), to install windows. Is there anyway you can arrange the order in BIOs so it can show the changes in partition menu or I have to arrange the hardware?

thanks
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,201 Posts
if you have unused space and need to create partitions you cqan use the built in Disk management to create and format the partitions.
just Right-click My Computer
click Manage

Then select Disk Management. it should be pretty straightforward from there

EDIT: read a bit mroe carefully...are you trying to install multiple OSes?
when installing XP you can create and select which partition to install it to
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Chrono Archangel said:
if you have unused space and need to create partitions you cqan use the built in Disk management to create and format the partitions.
just Right-click My Computer
click Manage

Then select Disk Management. it should be pretty straightforward from there

EDIT: read a bit mroe carefully...are you trying to install multiple OSes?
when installing XP you can create and select which partition to install it to
Well I wish, but I don't think you understand my problem. I'm at the xp installation process where I should create parition as well as install window (to one of the partition). Here's a example screenie to get the idea:

except I have more than one drive as display in partition..
I just like to install windows on the other partitions other than the first top one.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
26,303 Posts
oO use the cursor keys to change it then
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Kane said:
oO use the cursor keys to change it then
Yeah if I can do that, I wouldn't have to make this thread to begin with =/
So yer saying I can arrange the partition order with +/- ??
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,201 Posts
Magnis said:
Well I wish, but I don't think you understand my problem. I'm at the xp installation process where I should create parition as well as install window (to one of the partition). Here's a example screenie to get the idea:

except I have more than one drive as display in partition..
I just like to install windows on the other partitions other than the first top one.
you press C to create a partition. now if your HD is say 80GB then dont put your first partition 80 GB...put it like 20GB
then back at the menu select the Unpartioned space again (which should be 60GB)
now press C again to make another partition. once thats done select the partition you want to install it on and press Enter.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Chrono Archangel said:
you press C to create a partition. now if your HD is say 80GB then dont put your first partition 80 GB...put it like 20GB
then back at the menu select the Unpartioned space again (which should be 60GB)
now press C again to make another partition. once thats done select the partition you want to install it on and press Enter.
I have around 4 drives, and yes I know how to partition, but I have all 4 paritioned raws. Only the first partition raw are allowed to install windows, the others isn't capable of doing so because of blah blah whatever message given by windows -.-

Thanks btw.. but the only trouble I'm having is getting the other partitions to install windows =/
 

·
Wind, Life, Eternity
Joined
·
1,331 Posts
By "partitions" do you mean drives? Are you trying to install XP onto the nonboot drives? Partitions are not the same as drives...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
26,303 Posts
I can't see how you have an issue. I installed XP on my other machine on the second partition happily. Had 98 on the first one. Perhaps if you could tell us exactly what the error message is, we might be able to power our spotlights
 

·
Wind, Life, Eternity
Joined
·
1,331 Posts
I think he's trying to install XP only all 4 of his drives. Don't know how that works since I don't run more than one drive at once (unless external ones count)
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top