Next Generation Emulation banner

841 - 860 of 862 Posts

·
PCSX2 Coder
10,122 Posts
Hmm, later on somebody points out to him that the registers have to be unsigned short's and that will fix Mandel (although it fixed some others too).

worth checking i guess!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hmm, later on somebody points out to him that the registers have to be unsigned short's and that will fix Mandel (although it fixed some others too).

worth checking i guess!
My registers are unsigned shorts.

Also, I just realized the information in my previous post was incorrect. I was confusing the "TSTI" and the "AND" opcode. I deleted that post

·
PCSX2 Coder
10,122 Posts
As I said, I cannot check until later tonight, unless @tykel suddenly appears and remembers how he fixed it

Edit :just saw your edit, that's fine :)

·
PCSX2 Coder
10,122 Posts
Sorry for the double post, I just checked my emulator and Mandel does indeed push flags to the stack, but then it looks like it pops it in to Register X (Opcode C1) rather than back to the flags again.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Sorry for the double post, I just checked my emulator and Mandel does indeed push flags to the stack, but then it looks like it pops it in to Register X (Opcode C1) rather than back to the flags again.
Ahh, thanks for this! Turns out this was the issue. The way I was manipulating the flags meant that the bits were in the wrong order when it was popped into that register. After changing my implementation, I have managed to get it working.

(The flags were being stored as MSB instead of LSB, doh!)

Thank you so much for your patience and help! :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just one last question I have is about Starfield.c16. This is how it is displayed on the screen:

The animation works but as you can see, no stars appear beyond a certain point around all edges.

Is this the expected output?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi i've been thinking of making a chip16 emulator since i made a chip8 emulator in python before(although that was with the help of some guides)
The only form of documentation i managed to find is this https://github.com/chip16/chip16/wiki and it doesn't look very beginner friendly to me
i would really appreciate it if you guys gave me a link to some sort of guide.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi i've been thinking of making a chip16 emulator since i made a chip8 emulator in python before(although that was with the help of some guides)
The only form of documentation i managed to find is this https://github.com/chip16/chip16/wiki and it doesn't look very beginner friendly to me
i would really appreciate it if you guys gave me a link to some sort of guide.
Thanks in advance.
Hi there,

As far as I know, this is the main documentation that is available for the CHIP16. I'm not really sure whether there are any tutorial guides out there, but you are free to ask any questions that you have about the documentation here and we'll be happy to answer!

·
PCSX2 Coder
10,122 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello World , I am trying to create a chip8 emulator but having some issues. I am new to this platform I don't know if its allowed to share external links but I posted my problems on Reddit already.
Someone Kindly help me I am stuck with bug for days.
Thankyou

·
PCSX2 Coder
10,122 Posts
841 - 860 of 862 Posts