Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
LOLz!! For once I'm happy that I live in Poland :). We usually spend min 7 hours a day playing MMORPGs here. What can you do in three hours? Instead of enjoying the game you have tho continousley check the time! And that five hour long "rest" from playing is just sick :D!

·
Banned
10,931 Posts
It's a good move, if people who play online games need to stop playing they can take thier time doing something productive like work so in the long run there will be less people who get fired due to execsive time playing MMO games and will have more people who can pay to play

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
That really blows,hell i would still play past those hours.Stupid us gov better not try crap like that.

·
The Hunter
17,202 Posts
But the phenomenal popularity of online games has fuelled concerns that some people may be losing themselves in the virtual worlds of massive multiplayer online role-playing games (MMORPG).

In one extreme case, a player killed a fellow player who had stolen his virtual sword. The gamer received a suspended death sentence in June.
Blizzard should be glad that didn't happen in the US :rolleyes:

Of course it sucks if you are a diehard gamer and you are responsible enough. But if you are not you might even be happy the government did this. It really depends on what kind of person you are, it can be good news or bad news.

·
Registered
13,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think it's a bad thing how ever you look at it... It takes away freedom to do what you want... Of course it might lead to making people more productive but it's still the wrong way to do it...

·
!!!METAL UNCLE!!!
1,951 Posts
Cid Highwind said:
Blizzard should be glad that didn't happen in the US :rolleyes:

Except if Thompson decides to take inspiration from this and wants "violent" onilne games b4nn3d or atleast playing time limited "for the sake of our childrens sanity"... and flowerhat grannies agree...

·
Heretic
2,771 Posts
It would be easier just to ban Thompson and everyone would be happy... well except for Thompson... and about a million flower-hat grannies.

Btw nice Thompson animation in your sig, MaZa :).

·
Banned
10,931 Posts
If something's new and someone can't understand it they will view it in a negative way nomatter how it is explained to them, this was the case with graphic novels, rock and roll, movies and now video game, some people take this misunderstanding too far like our friend Mr.Thompson
Place it in your sig if you hate him

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
If you're having trouble differentiating what is real and what is not real, then you've got a problem. MMORPG's and RPG's are great, but they don't distract me from real life at all. I'd sooner do something else with my time.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Why don't they just turn all their characters into moonwalking michael jackson clones,that would be more effective.No way would i want an mj look alike in an rpg,this would surely scare people away.

·
The seeker of perfection
4,008 Posts
They are dictating what i should do in my free time. While i behave in my free time there is no need to make me obey those kind of rules. There are punishments for other crimes. There are punishments for a crime videogame inspirated. The rest of crimes don't have a rule dictating what i can do in my free time as long as i respect others so...

·
The Hunter
17,202 Posts
dukenukem said:
Why don't they just turn all their characters into moonwalking michael jackson clones,that would be more effective.No way would i want an mj look alike in an rpg,this would surely scare people away.
Or give them some people killer attracting Thompson skins :p

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.