Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
pee comes out the weewee
79 Posts
What is this, a fellow Australian?! But to your new hard drive, it looks awesome, and I've heard that Western Digital are good with their hard drives, but I found (i think) the same hard drive on Gamedude for $4.80 less than the link you gave.

I heard gamedude isn't too good on customer service, but you can save a few bucks :p, but the site you gave it still a good deal. Buying online is always cheaper than instore, and Harvey Norman's kind of a joke when it comes to computer prices anyway.

·
Just visiting ^_^
8,299 Posts
woah... didn't thought that there is already a 320GB hard disk out there now... what are you gonna store in it? I can't even fill a 120GB unless it contains all my anime collection..

·
Registered
822 Posts
That is a pretty small anime collection Quatro, my siblings are already complaining to me back home that they do not have enough HDD space -_- (too many d/led anime) I told them to go burn it, I did buy them a DVD Burner for a reason.

Anyways nice drive, now if only laptop drives evolved more quickly hehe.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Toshiro said:
Anyways nice drive, now if only laptop drives evolved more quickly hehe.
As laptop users, I figure we're screwed in terms of hard drive size and performance. So, I just went and ordered this.

It should arrive quite soon.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Heh, yep, external HDDs are our only alternatives. Thankfully at least USB/Firewire ports are readily available in most recent laptops.

·
Transcended
1,416 Posts
320 is easy... if you're too lazy to burn stuff that is :D. The problem with burning is that it's not easy access. Clicking folders is way easier than rummaging thru a pile of discs.

Congratulations though. I personally dislike having one large hard drive since it can be a pain to manage. But that's just me with me odd ways. :lol:

·
Registered
61 Posts
woah 320gb!!! thats double mine. I never ever by anything from harvey norman. their prices are way over priced

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
hmmm..I just picked up 2 160GB (about $130 shipped, combined) and a raid card...so in essence I just got another 320gb to go with the 240gb I already have in this machine...and the 160gb I have in my Media center PC.

·
Registered
833 Posts
I just picked up Maxtor 250 gig UltaATA 100 with 16mb buffer for 70 bucks (new). Even though the deal i had is over. Go check out Maxtor 200gig for 80 bucks at
http://shop.outpost.com/product/3492233

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
wow 320 GB HDD... that's bit big if you awsk me... I just got 120 GB Seagate some time ago, it still has bout 40% free space, and my old seagate 40GB is now in my PS2 :thumb: now console works awesome, no loadings, no laser use, no need to take all those dvds when I take it to friends places and such :D

·
Mr. Stupendous
1,138 Posts
dpence said:
hmmm..I just picked up 2 160GB (about $130 shipped, combined) and a raid card...so in essence I just got another 320gb to go with the 240gb I already have in this machine...and the 160gb I have in my Media center PC.
you'r making a mistake. You really dont need raid for stoarage drives, and all it does is double the chance of failure.

oh, drive space is in sig:)

·
Just visiting ^_^
8,299 Posts
Toshiro said:
That is a pretty small anime collection Quatro, my siblings are already complaining to me back home that they do not have enough HDD space -_- (too many d/led anime) I told them to go burn it, I did buy them a DVD Burner for a reason.
true... even a 120GB won't contain all of those anime collection... if I'm correct, my corrent anime collection already exceed 120GBs... and damn, I think I really need to buy a DVD burner soon... I might misplace my 300++ cds and it would be a lost if I lose even one set of it...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts