Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if it possible to get Game Shark or Action Replay to work with this SSF? In the options menu there is a place to load a data cart rom but I cannot seem to find any rom dumps of a Game Shark or Pro Action Reply rom to try it out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Does anyone know if it possible to get Game Shark or Action Replay to work with this SSF? In the options menu there is a place to load a data cart rom but I cannot seem to find any rom dumps of a Game Shark or Pro Action Reply rom to try it out.
Once I needed those cheat codes for a Saturn game and I used yabause because SSF doesn't seem to support any cheat codes. Use yabause to have your AR ROM work and then make and save a cheat file which is YCT format. You can load it it whenever you like which means you are not supposed to load the AR ROM anymore for that specific game. ;)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I still need to find an AR ROM for that. Is that not what the load a data cart rom option in SSF is for?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I still need to find an AR ROM for that. Is that not what the load a data cart rom option in SSF is for?
Yes it is but I couldn't get it to work on SSF! Use Yabause instead.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, it just loops with bios in SSF. Boots fine in Yabause. Too bad SSF seems like a much better emulator than Yabause.

·
Registered
8 Posts
You're right and that's a shame for SSF not being able to get the cheats to run!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yeah I hope so.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Since we're on the topic do you know how to change the control layout when running ST-V games in SSF? I figured out how to load roms. Figured I'd tried out the games in SSF that give MAME problems.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts