Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone else having problems with getting gameshark codes for pokemon crystal to work? I tried some but they all didnt work, can anyone please offer some advice?

·
Just Myself
21 Posts
There are a few reasons why they might not work:

1. You have "Disable Cheats" enabled. Since that is the default setting, you may have forgotten to enable them. Just go to Cheats->Disable Cheats. It should now be unchecked (after you click it, of course). Your cheats should work.
2. You have entered the master code. VBA (and all variations of) does not require the master code for the Gameshark function to work. Attempting to enter this code may, in fact, disable the rest of the codes you put in. Just delete the master codes, and you should be set.
3. You may not be entering them in right. To ensure that you are, go to Cheats->List->Gameshark(Advance). Press that button and enter the codes in the bigger window. Also, make sure you are not putting in a wrong value. If you do, you may accidentally crash the game (I have done so several times).

This should work. If it doesn't, I can't help you.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
I suggest scouring the net for the old VisualBoy (VBA's predecessor) when trying to emulate GB/GBC games.

·
Just Myself
21 Posts
My VBA is the newest version, and I don't have a problem with old games. A tip for my third solution, when you enter in the codes, copy them from your list, then paste them in the box. You can enter as many at a time as you want, so put in every code in the big box, hit OK (or whatever the button is), and go to your game. If you have a problem with Gameshark codes in general, try to learn how to use VBA's built-in cheat finder. It's not as complicated as you might think, and several other emulators use the same principle behind their cheat finders. So, if you know how to work, say, ZSNES's cheat finder, then VBA's should be easy for you. If you don't know and want to learn, PM me and I'll explain it to you.

·
Registered
30 Posts

·
Just Myself
21 Posts
not a good idea to use gameshark cheats (because they can crash/extremely glitch the game , mostly with sprites YouTube - pokemon crystal gameshark - walk through walls glitchyness YouTube - pokemon crystal gameshark - blackened glitch city! YouTube - Pokemon Crystal-Gameshark Glitches YouTube - Pokemon Crystal "MissingNos" but red/blue/green(japan)/yellow is worse)
The ONLY time a Gameshark code will mess up your game is when you either enter a wrong value or be stupid with the effect you get (like trying to use the walk through walls code to try to walk straight from Johto to Sinnoh). If you don't mess up, you won't crash your game. People just say that it's the Gameshark's fault because they're too egotistic to consider the possibility that it's their fault and need something to blame.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
The ONLY time a Gameshark code will mess up your game is when you either enter a wrong value or be stupid with the effect you get (like trying to use the walk through walls code to try to walk straight from Johto to Sinnoh). If you don't mess up, you won't crash your game. People just say that it's the Gameshark's fault because they're too egotistic to consider the possibility that it's their fault and need something to blame.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Cheats simply do 'not' work with John gbc emulator... I've tried just about everything and it simply does-not-work

1 - 8 of 8 Posts