Next Generation Emulation banner

cheats make ff9 slow hmmm........

2230 Views 10 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  fivefeet8
well been playing ff8 awhile now at disk 2. and im startin to get tired of stoopid monsters on da map. so i tried a cheat for it with pec.. :mad: at the battle screens after that show the exp and stuff it will slow down :( it will take like 40 seconds to get thru it. anyone kno how to use cheats without this slowdown??
1 - 2 of 11 Posts
Well, if you're referring to FF8 and not FF9, I experienced the same boredom with fighting. The solution is to run away from every battle. Really! It's easy to run away from 80% of the random battles (the other 20% can take a short while to run away). I have never used cheats, so I don't know if there is a solution to your problem (I've never heard of this problem before).
> You won't get exp that way, though.

Who needs experience in FF8? Everything is the same level Squall is, so you can run away at leisure. This does not apply to FF9, but FF9's battles don't commonly take 5+ minutes.
1 - 2 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.