Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Not a Registered User
1,493 Posts
Select "Options" - "Cheat codes".

How do I use this?

I see no way to add cheats.:(
It's a whole dumb process,. You have to create a txt file in the cheat folder, it has to be properly named after the game region code, then in said txt file you write your code in a specific format.

You're better of ditching ePSXe and use Duckstation much better and newer ps1 emulator with built-in cheat database and manager.

·
Cute Snow Princess
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's a whole dumb process,. You have to create a txt file in the cheat folder, it has to be properly named after the game region code, then in said txt file you write your code in a specific format.
In what format?

You're better of ditching ePSXe and use Duckstation much better and newer ps1 emulator with built-in cheat database and manager.
Duckstation doesn't work on XP.:(

And I'm too poor to upgrade anything.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Duckstation doesn't work on XP.:(

And I'm too poor to upgrade anything.
of poverty a Brazilian usually understands.

have you ever thought about using linux?

I've been doing this on really old hardware and I currently have 4 old computers to donate with the system pre-installed, in theory some more I'll receive to donate under the same conditions.

things like Vista or older systems are very limited in terms of new programs to use, like browsers, etc, and with linux you can still use up-to-date stuff.

"is it easy?"

no. but people who spend a lot of time using old pc parts tend to learn to get by and linux seems like a good way to go and learn.

I'm not saying that the hardware will be faster... because there is no processing gain in these conditions, however, the hardware is better used because you can use systems that are still supported and updated.

wifi is a problem... if you can use the system using cable it's better. and newbies may have nvidia card issues. but everything else should be automatic and work fine.

if you're interested, send me a message and we'll keep in touch. I'm not selling you any illusions. any chosen path will have some difficulty but still I consider it worth knowing.

·
Not a Registered User
1,493 Posts
Hi, my fault, just because version 2.0.2-1 is working OK, i did not read the 2.0 readme to check the "vista+" announcement

Ok, I take a look at the executable, and found the problem is that 2.0.5 uses condition variables, that are not available in XP or lower

I modify epsxe 2.0.5, and make working in XP (32 and 64bits versions), i tested today and not problems (at least all games i tested work well)

here the download, is just the executable

http://akihabara-online.com/Main/Emula/epxse/ePSXe.zip

Will be easy to make working on XP again, a small change to code to just check windows version, and ignore or make a fake calls to this conditions if XP or lower

Greetings
In that case here's ePSXe exe file for 2.0.5 it's modified to work on windows XP.
Download ePSXe 2.0.5 from
Then replace the exe file fror the one in the post, ePSXe ..2.0.5 has a download cheat feature.
But if you must write the cheat yourself here's an example.
This is for Spyro The Dragon USA NTSC SCUS 942.28
The cheat file must be named SCUS_942.28.txt
and here's what inside.
#Infinite Lives
8007582C 0009
#Infinite Health
80078BBC 0003
#Moon Jump
D0077380 0040
80078AD8 0000
#Always Have Key
80075830 0001
#Have All Dragon Eggs
80075810 000C
#Have Over 65,000 Jewels
80075860 FFFF
#Infinite Time On Flying Levels
80075840 053C
80075908 053C
#Always Have Super Flame Breath
80078768 02DA
#Get One of Each to Complete Flight Levels
8003CAE4 0008
8003CAE6 2402
#Crash Bandicoot Warped Demo\Infinite Lives
800AAEB0 0400

·
Cute Snow Princess
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
In that case here's ePSXe exe file for 2.0.5 it's modified to work on windows XP.
Download ePSXe 2.0.5 from
Then replace the exe file fror the one in the post, ePSXe ..2.0.5 has a download cheat feature.
But if you must write the cheat yourself here's an example.
This is for Spyro The Dragon USA NTSC SCUS 942.28
The cheat file must be named SCUS_942.28.txt
and here's what inside.
The http://akihabara-online.com/Main/Emula/epxse/ePSXe.zip link seems to be dead.:(

·
Cute Snow Princess
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It isn't dead, right click then save as and allow, these sites just like ePSXe are soo old now that they often are falsely flagged malware or dangerous cause they never were updated to modern safety standards.
I tried "Save Link As". It asked me if I wanted to save "Account.html". Can you put the .zip up as an attachment?

·
Not a Registered User
1,493 Posts
Try here.
NGEMU forum doesn't allow zip attachments.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts