Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI,

Is there a site when I could find some "Cheat codes" for ePSXe to make more games run on it (just like ini file for some N64 emus)

I'd like to play to Wipeout3, but I have an unhandled opcode shortly after the race starts (just after the lazer).

It would be cool to patch it with a NOP or something that could make the game playable (even if replacement makes a little glitch, or even if it desable a spec effect).

Thanks in advance.

PS: I don't have the wipeout 3 cd right here, so I can't give the code of the unhandled opcode, I'll give it soon when a friend will bring me my CD back.

·
Nintendo Zealot
1,425 Posts
Other people have reported the same error as u and if I remember right it was a cd plugin option that fixed it.
Try another cd plugin and mess with the cd options.
I assume you have applied a ppf file to the game ? as it wont run with out it..

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A bit of solution.

I tryed "Acurate CDROM timing", and now the emulator is near perfection.
- GT1
- GT2
- Tunnel B1

now works perfectly :)

I still don't tryed wipeout

BTW, what is a pff file???????????

(a friend told me that wipeout3 works well on his intel + XP witout any more options: french version original CD)

·
Premium Member
8,592 Posts
Re: Where??

Originally posted by olahaye74
Where can I find such PPF files?

What are the purposes?
Solve problems for emulators? or add cheats? or ????
:eyespin:
Do a search for "psx patches" in any internet search engine.. YOu should find them easily.. www.aldostools.com also has some psx patches..

Mostly, psx patches are for the copy protection that psx game cd's have in them.. The copy protection prevents some psx emulators from correctly running the game.. It is also meant to not work when you try and copy the game onto a cdr and try and play it on a real psx.. The patch fixes the copy protection and allows the game to run in the emulators.. There are also patches to put cheats into the psx games themselves and change between PAL and NTSC mode, but those may cause problems in emulators..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.