Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I post my character here, but it's also the good place to discuss about other characters when we dont want them to know

·
邪魔ゎ指せない
26,303 Posts
Right, I'm gonna build a plot myself based around a really simplistic idea I had for my character background. We could take Ryos' plot from where he left off, but I think that'd be somehow wrong without him doing it.
As Ryos has decided to leave, I will omit him.
I want about 18 total PCs, with Razor, myself and Kaiser among them.
Kaiser and myself are only part of hte party briefly, with Kaiser as the big bad guy, and I end up as an optional boss.
I would appreciate people making a suggestion for the rest of the 15.

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, if possible, I'd want to be one of te charcaters who fights against the party at first, and then, for some reason (the one who makes the plot decides), I join them (but not for their sake)

·
Locked and Loaded
12,032 Posts
Great! I finally found this (thanks kane) Well I have lots of reading. I think that sounds good killjoy but now since kane is main plot man ask him! :p

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm chatting with him at the moment ;)

·
邪魔ゎ指せない
26,303 Posts
Here is the current WIP:

Main characters:

Lord Kane (Kane): In the past, Kane ran a martial arts dojo in his home town with his wife. One day however, Kane’s town was destroyed. Kane was left a bloody mess on the floor, and his wife was kidnapped by his rival from childhood who sought to make her his own. Kane went on a quest to increase his strength my any means in order to find and exact his revenge on that man.
Upon his quest, Kane came across Kaiser. Kaiser saw in Kane great ability and power, and asked him to join him on his (Kaiser’s) quest for the stones of Elerethon, a source of great power. Kane joins him to gain this power for his revenge.
Kane meets the heroes around the middle of the game.
Upon finding a stone of Elerethon, Kane betrays Kaiser, and defeats the heroes easily with the stones’ power.
Later on, it switches to Kane as a player character as he finds his ‘old friend’ now running a bandit group. He goes through the base to find him. Dialog, dialog, fight. Kane wins and executes him.
Kane finds his wife in a cell, battered and bruised, but alive. Kane moves with her to a small village near the coast.

Later on the heroes can find him there on the beach, and can choose to fight him. Defeating him gains them the Elerethon of speed, which if equipped as an accessory drastically improves your speed.
Defeating him a second time allows him to join the party.
Boss form.
First Form (after Kaiser’s defeat):
Weapon: Fists
Techniques: Sen Ken: Rapid physical attack
Ryu no Ken: Powerful fire attack
Blade of Ages: Sword created from pure speed of the fist. Takes all characters down to 1 health

Second form (First optional battle)
Techniques: Man Ken: Upgraded version of the 1000 fist due to the stone of speed. Attacks all characters.
Hoshi no ken: Powerful Celestial magic attack.
Counter: Will automatically counter any physical attacks with great force.
Blade of Ages: Powerful slicing attack on all characters.
Final form (Second Optional battle)
Weapon: Kanemitsu (Katana)
Techniques: Counter: Counters all magical or physical attacks.
Mizuchi: Blade made of the water in the air. (Water elemental)
Battou Jutsu: Rapid drawing of sword. 1/3 chance of instant kill, otherwise does normal damage.
Tokkan Ken: Lightning attack on all characters
Seishi No Bi: Non elemental magic attack on all characters
Phoenix Bi: Devastating fire on all characters.

Player Character
Weapons: Katanas.
Magic style: Counters and Chi techniques

Kaiser Sigma: Kaiser had a normal childhood, and was never inherently evil. Nothing tragic ever happened in his life. Nothing great happened. He simply had a desire to rule the world from childhood, and never grew out of it like most people do.
Kaiser researched many ways to achieve his goal, and discovered legends of many rare items of great power, such as the Chaosblade, a demonic sword with great powers, and the stones of Elerethon, which greatly enhance human attributes.
With his prowess with the sword already great, Kaiser’s quest for the Chaosblade was wholly successful.
He then began to fashion his empire. The Sigma clan began to extend it’s power, but Kaiser sought more power, the power of the stones of Elerethon. He discovered the location of it, and sent his minions to collect it. The location happened to be Razor’s village. They destroyed it utterly, and thus started Razor’s quest for revenge.
That was the stone of Knowledge. With this in his possession, Kaiser divined the location of the next stone, the Stone of Power.
This stone was nearly stolen by one of his ‘followers’, Killjoy, who Kaiser promptly defeats, and faces the heroes briefly, easily defeating them.
The third stone is the stone of Speed, and in this case, Kaiser sends Kane, but decides to go with him to be sure. Kaiser is defeated by Kane, who then takes the Stone of Speed, and runs off on his own quest.
Kaiser in the meantime escapes and sets about finding the last stone, the Stone of Gods. Once again, he beats the heroes to it, and returns to his fortress in order to unravel the mystery of the final stone…….

Killjoy: (Minor PC) Killjoy is a vampire, and insomuch a great rarity, as Vampires were all but destroyed by the vampire hunter Ryos a hundred years ago.
He heard the Sigma gang was seeking the stones of Elerethon and sought to use that power for his ends. He is not an evil character, he seeks the stone of Knowledge in the hope that it may help him restore his human form.
He meets the heroes after obtaining the Stone of Power, and is defeated by them, but escapes with the stone. The heroes later run into him as Kaiser has just beaten him. Kaiser attacks them, and Killjoy helps them. Kaiser defeats the team and escapes. After the battle, Killjoy explains history.

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, it's better like that ;)

·
Locked and Loaded
12,032 Posts
That is the best work i have ever seen Kane. Great job! But uih one thing ... wheres me!? Nah JK I know you are probably really busy with your dude and now killjoy. When you get a chance maybe you can enphasize on me a bit. ;)

·
邪魔ゎ指せない
26,303 Posts
Well.... Here's a list of the PCs and pivotal story characters I'm planning on putting in
dixon, bobbi Thorgal, Razor, Shiori, Samor, Beta, Fawad, Esturk, fivefeet8, Evil Squall, sxamiga, myself, Kaiser, Killjoy and Strider.

Here is Striders' detail WIP
Strider: Strider is a member of a secret organization of witch/heretic hunters. They seek those that use magics not meant to be used. Magic that can change the face of the entire world. This is the order of Khali. The Khali fight with blades encrusted with a jewel that can weaken magical fields, and can absorb magic to a degree.
Strider meets the crew when Kaiser is just about to kill them. Strider uses his power to teleport the group away. An explanation is then given of his order, and that he was sent to destroy Kaiser as the Elerethon stones are a magic not of this world, which can too easily be used to destroy it.

·
Locked and Loaded
12,032 Posts
Thats a nice list of people ya got there. Cant wait to see how they develop in the future.

·
邪魔ゎ指せない
26,303 Posts
Here is v2

Magic System

There are 4 elements: Earth, Air, Fire and Water. Classic, as expected. There is also the higher magic’s, Dark and Solar and the ruling magic, Celestial

Main characters:

Lord Kane (Kane): Boss/ Optional Boss/ Secret PC
In the past, Kane ran a martial arts dojo in his home town with his wife. One day however, Kane’s town was destroyed. Kane was left a bloody mess on the floor, and his wife was kidnapped by his rival from childhood who sought to make her his own. Kane went on a quest to increase his strength my any means in order to find and exact his revenge on that man.
Upon his quest, Kane came across Kaiser. Kaiser saw in Kane great ability and power, and asked him to join him on his (Kaiser’s) quest for the stones of Elerethon, a source of great power. Kane joins him to gain this power for his revenge.
Kane meets the heroes around the middle of the game.
Upon finding a stone of Elerethon, Kane betrays Kaiser, and defeats the heroes easily with the stones’ power.
Later on, it switches to Kane as a player character as he finds his ‘old friend’ now running a bandit group. He goes through the base to find him. Dialog, dialog, fight. Kane wins and executes him.
Kane finds his wife in a cell, battered and bruised, but alive. Kane moves with her to a small village near the coast.

Later on the heroes can find him there on the beach, and can choose to fight him. Defeating him gains them the Elerethon of speed, which if equipped as an accessory drastically improves your speed.
Defeating him a second time allows him to join the party.
Boss form.
First Form (after Kaiser’s defeat):
Techniques: Sen Ken: Rapid physical attack
Ryu no Ken: Powerful fire attack
Blade of Ages: Sword created from pure speed of the fist. Takes all characters down to 1 health

Second form
Techniques: Man Ken: Upgraded version of the 1000 fist due to the stone of speed. Attacks all characters.
Hoshi no ken: Powerful Celestial magic attack.
Counter: Will automatically counter any physical attacks with great force.
Blade of Ages: Powerful slicing attack on all characters.
Final form (Optional battle)
Weapon: Kanemitsu (Katana)
Techniques: Counter: Counters all magical or physical attacks.
Mizuchi: Blade made of the water in the air. (Water elemental)
Battou Jutsu: Rapid drawing of sword. 1/3 chance of instant kill, otherwise does normal damage.
Tokkan Ken: Lightning attack on all characters
Seishi No Bi: Non elemental magic attack on all characters
Phoenix Bi: Devastating fire on all characters.

Player Character
Weapons: Katanas.
Magic style: Counters and Chi techniques. Predominantly physical, and celestial.

Kaiser Sigma: Main enemy
Kaiser had a normal childhood, and was never inherently evil. He did have a desire to rule the world from childhood, and this became the problem.
Kaiser researched many ways to achieve his goal, and discovered legends of many rare items of great power, such as the Chaosblade, a demonic sword with great powers, and the stones of Elerethon, which greatly enhance human attributes.
With his prowess with the sword already great at the young age of 11, Kaiser’s quest for the Chaosblade was wholly successful. However, this was the start of the problem. The Chaosblade was no normal magical sword.
Two centuries ago, A man who called himself Kaos rose to power in some section of the world. He was a brutal ruler and many died under his regime, and his people began to rise up against him. Kaos refused to let them kill him, so he tried to use the stone of Elerethon, the source of much of his power, to call catastrophe upon the world. His plan was thwarted by the hero of light, Bobbi, who used the power of an enchanted sword to defeat Kaos. Kaos was sealed in Bobbi’s sword, and Bobbi split the Elerethon into four pieces and scattered it in the hope that a disaster may be avoided. His sword was then locked in a shrine, its location all but forgotten, and its legacy was simply its name: The Chaosblade.
Upon taking the sword, Kaiser’s mind started to become corrupted. Thoughts that were not his own appeared in his head, and he had less and less control over himself. Within a month, he was all but a puppet to Kaos’ power.
Kaos then began to fashion an empire. The Sigma clan began to extend its power, but Kaos truly sought the power of the stones of Elerethon, to bring about the catastrophe that he failed in two hundred years ago. He sent his minions to collect the Stone of Knowledge whose location he had been able to ascertain. The location happened to be Razor’s village. They destroyed it utterly, and thus started Razor’s quest for revenge. With this stone in his possession, Kaiser divined the location of the next stone, the Stone of Power.
This stone was nearly stolen by one of his ‘followers’, Killjoy, who Kaiser promptly defeats, and faces the heroes briefly, easily defeating them.
The third stone is the stone of Speed, and in this case, Kaiser sends Kane, but decides to go with him to be sure. Kaiser is defeated by Kane, who then takes the Stone of Speed, and runs off on his own quest.
Kaiser in the meantime escapes and sets about finding the last stone, the Stone of Gods. Once again, he beats the heroes to it, and returns to his fortress in order to begin the ceremony to call down death upon the world.
When the heroes face him, the stones have taken on monstrous forms. There are 4 optional battles here. Each one reduces the power of Kaiser in the ‘final battle’. Upon Kaiser’s defeat, Kaos’ voice speaks to them, perhaps now explaining some of the story. The Sword then shoots tentacles from itself and wrap and pierce Kaiser. Kaiser is now Kaos, and thus the true final battle begins.

Killjoy: Boss/ Minor PC
Killjoy is a vampire, and insomuch a great rarity, as Vampires were all but destroyed by the vampire hunter Ryos a hundred years ago.
He heard the Sigma gang was seeking the stones of Elerethon and sought to use that power for his ends. He is not an evil character, he seeks the stone of Knowledge in the hope that it may help him restore his human form.
He meets the heroes after obtaining the Stone of Power, and is defeated by them, but escapes with the stone. The heroes later run into him as Kaiser has just beaten him. Kaiser attacks them, and Killjoy helps them. Kaiser defeats the tea, but they escape with help from Strider. After the battle, Killjoy and Strider explain their history.

Weapon: Mini-gun.
Magic style: Blood techniques. Predominantly dark based

Strider: PC
Strider is a member of a secret organization of witch/heretic hunters. They seek those that use magic not meant to be used. Magic that can change the face of the entire world. This is the order of Khali. The Khali fight with blades encrusted with a jewel that can weaken magical fields, and can absorb magic to a degree.
Strider meets the crew when Kaiser is just about to kill them. Strider uses his power to teleport the group away. An explanation is then given of his order, and that he was sent to destroy Kaiser as the Elerethon stones are a magic not of this world, which can too easily be used to destroy it.

Weapon: Broadswords
Magic style: Sealing techniques. Magic absorption.

Dark Aurora: Minor NPC/ Boss. Dark Aurora steals the stone of Speed from the party so that Kaiser can perform the summoning. He returns as a Boss in Kaiser’s fortress.

·
Locked and Loaded
12,032 Posts
Wow Kane that is great! I love it. Your progressing very fast for the amount of time you have been working on it so far. Thanks. ;) :)

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Finally, maybe the game won't stay a dead project :)

·
Locked and Loaded
12,032 Posts
I sure as hell hope so. :D

·
Locked and Loaded
12,032 Posts
Okay read this guys. tell me what u think.

I said that I have some friends that code in torque engine (tribes 2 used it) and darkbasic pro. (ill try and find screens later) anyways there both nice 3d engines that dont require tons. Lets just say if I can run em anyone else in these forums can too. ;) They are both good in what they do and I also have another friend that makes models in maya. How perfect is this? I emailed them and it seems as though they are all very interested in making games. They want to and I would get them to join NGEMU to become "official" members. I think this is a great idea myself and we have nothing to lose.

After the story is done they program and make models and we help as much as we can. You geta 3d game that will look gorgeous and in torque you can even have online multiplayer games. Imagine ... I'm not saying this is for sure or anything but if people want this I think this is a great approtunity for us to have a professional game. We can even sell it with proper liscensing! It will take longer than rpg maker for sure cuz you have to make models etc ... But it would be great what do you guys think?

·
邪魔ゎ指せない
26,303 Posts
I'm not really fussed, as I'm not the one that's going to be programming and doing the artwork.
You might have to find someone who is a good 3d artist here.

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Concerning the 3D, I'm only good at making weapons for now :S

·
Locked and Loaded
12,032 Posts
There is also this other guy who does digital art. I seen what he can do. he also does some work in 3d. He does things mostly for companies but he wants to help with the game too. ill ask him about it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts