Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've tried to no avail to get chankast to work over the last few days and I cant figure out what the problem is, any time i try to play something it recognizes it as a music CD or thinks that there isn't a CD in the drive, i had heard this could be caused by games being non self-bootable but ive tried quite a few games and thought surely some are. The only other causes for this i'd heard of were that either i had assigned the wrong drive in chankast options (checked its definitely matched to virtual drive daemon is using) or that i was trying to run on Windows 2K or off an actual GD rom, which i am not. any idea anyone?

·
Ya'ver drink Brazilian bold from fkn dunkn donuts!
7,828 Posts
It could be a few things which are giving you grief:

- the bios files may have issues, so if you can replace the one in the folder with a fresher version which has not been used with the emulator (a back up in other words).

- as you have said the games you are using are not .cdi or self bootable images, so what you may need to use is a boot disk in order to get the games working with chankast.

- the images that you are using may contain incomplete or corrupted data and thus are unable to be used in a proper fashion which is the danger of using images which are not GD-Rom images (if you are unaware, many of the .cdi images used have had contents of the games removed in order for them to be used with normal CD's instead of GD-Rom disks.)

To make sure that the images are not faulty try running them with another emulator, such as nullDC, demul, or Makaron. If they are able to work with those emulators then you can rest assured that the images are not completely botched.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the suggestions, I have tried replacing the Bios and that didnt work but I suppose theirs no harm in trying again. Also what i said about games being selfbootable I meant I didnt know if the ones I had used were, but since I had used alot i thought at least some of them must be, also some of the images are cdi, I have tried a boot disk but it still recognizes it as a music cd and when I try play it says to please insert a disk. Thanks for the help, I think i will test my games on some other emulators.

·
.:Enigmatic Protagonist:.
2,283 Posts
Try mounting your CDI files with Daemon tool, then config your emu to use the virtual drive where you mounted the files that should fix 50% of your issues.

Other than that, you must understand that chankast can not run non-self-bootable games using the previous idea, so you have to burn your games + a bootable utility (utopia) to discs and use'em instead.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.