Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, so I've been stumped on this for months on out. After getting my new quadcore computer, I finally wanted to make a dreamcast emulator work. But it would appear that I have stumped upon some difficulties.

First off, I run the emulator at a constant 130/60 FPS. How would I go about lowering my FPS? Is there a permanent way to do it for this program only?

Also, I am inserting discs that I have used on my dreamcast (they work perfectly fine). and This emulator does indeed read them on the screen, but it wont boot them. I have dc_flash.bin, i've read that i could potentially have the wrong one, but I believe not as I have downloaded several different ones, and I get the same outcome.

I've done something along the lines of Daemon tools image mounting and I get the same effect. It does not boot any games I tell it to read off of the drive.

I am currently running a 32-bit XP OS, quadcore processor, 2.75 GB of RAM (I have 4), Geforce 9600 GSO Graphics Card.

I've been running the games Marvel Vs Capcom 2 Imaged on a CD, then I have the original disc of Sonic Adventure that does not appear to work. I am wondering that maybe this emulator can not handle to read discs and perhaps the images i've been mounting were corrupted?

Please, help.

·
Time Lord
1,989 Posts
You need working bios and flash files, and you are much better off using NullDC, Chankast is outdated.

·
dr emulator (madmax)
240 Posts
Alright, so I've been stumped on this for months on out. After getting my new quadcore computer, I finally wanted to make a dreamcast emulator work. But it would appear that I have stumped upon some difficulties.

First off, I run the emulator at a constant 130/60 FPS. How would I go about lowering my FPS? Is there a permanent way to do it for this program only?

Also, I am inserting discs that I have used on my dreamcast (they work perfectly fine). and This emulator does indeed read them on the screen, but it wont boot them. I have dc_flash.bin, i've read that i could potentially have the wrong one, but I believe not as I have downloaded several different ones, and I get the same outcome.

I've done something along the lines of Daemon tools image mounting and I get the same effect. It does not boot any games I tell it to read off of the drive.

I am currently running a 32-bit XP OS, quadcore processor, 2.75 GB of RAM (I have 4), Geforce 9600 GSO Graphics Card.

I've been running the games Marvel Vs Capcom 2 Imaged on a CD, then I have the original disc of Sonic Adventure that does not appear to work. I am wondering that maybe this emulator can not handle to read discs and perhaps the images i've been mounting were corrupted?

Please, help.
saddly we can't help you find bioses (it's in the rules)

you won't be able to read original discs simply because most if not all cd/dvd writers can't see the image, because dreamcast games are in the gd rom format (a sort of inbetween of a cd and a dvd rom)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts