Next Generation Emulation banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have grandia II in my CD drive and I click: Run, Start. And it tells me it can't read the dc_bios.bin But I have a CD! I need help. And I can't turn the cd into a bios either!! Does someone know how to help me???

· Registered
6,829 Posts
A Grandia II CD is not a Dreamcast Bios for sure dude.
You need a DC bios in order to make the emulator run.
Go dump a Dreamcast bios. Remember you can't ask bios related questions in this board, so you'll need to find it by yourself. Google might be useful.
Thats all. Good luck ;)

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
First off I would Like to say there is nothing illegal about grandia II(I have the real cd!) Secondly It doesn't say I cannot ask how to get chankast to run which is all I want. Thirdly I have read Everything possible and cannot find any thing, now if there is some rule I am breaking list it please.

· Registered
6,829 Posts
First off I would Like to say there is nothing illegal about grandia II(I have the real cd!)
Really? If you mean Real CD = GD-ROM, forget it. CD and DVD drives cannot read original Sega Dreamcast discs aka GD-ROM.
Secondly It doesn't say I cannot ask how to get chankast to run which is all I want.
You need a DC bios in order to make the emulator run.
Thirdly I have read Everything possible and cannot find any thing, now if there is some rule I am breaking list it please.
No, I'm sure you haven't read ALL...
http://forums.ngemu.com/forum-announcements/53429-ngemu-emuforums-rules-conduct.html
Chankast 0.25 FAQ (comes with the emulator)
Online Chankast FAQ by Psyman: http://www.emutalk.net/chankast/20636-chankast-f-q-before-asking-anything-read.html

About breaking rules, you must know that BIOS discussions aren't very welcomed here.
BTW, this is in a very wrong forum... ¬¬"

· カラム
365 Posts
Besides, this is in the wrong forum. Can someone please move this to DC discussion and close it?

· Windows 8 Pro
1,150 Posts
Superbobbob said:
First off I would Like to say there is nothing illegal about grandia II(I have the real cd!) Secondly It doesn't say I cannot ask how to get chankast to run which is all I want. Thirdly I have read Everything possible and cannot find any thing, now if there is some rule I am breaking list it please.
#1 - Grandia II doesn't come on a "CD" it comes on a "GD-ROM" which you won't be able to use in a PC.

#2 - You may have the real Grandia II "CD" but you aren't trying to play it on a real Dreamcast. The BIOS is the part of the Dreamcast that the Chankast authors could not legally distribute with the emulator (like emulation itself isn't questioned enough). You wanna play Grandia II in a Dreamcast emulator, you need a BIOS for it.

#3 - yeah this is completely the wrong forum.

· The Hunter
17,202 Posts
He might have dumped the Grandia image from his own disc and made a new one out of it. Yes I know there is a big chance he didn't, but as long as he does not state he downloaded it or literally said it isn't a backup of his own game, we should not care about it and the topic will not get locked.

The correct answer is that he should dump his own bios and I think there is a FAQ about that somewhere as well, maybe here at emuforums, or somewhere else on the internet.

· Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
23,380 Posts
to the original poster, you're going to need to read all those links thoroughly, and come back.

and seriously, why the crap was it in site feedback and questions?

· <font color="#FF0066"><b>Advanced Newbie</b></font
6,122 Posts
cauze he had questions and needed feedback?

6,122 Posts
well, yeah but u edited your post ;)

· Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
23,380 Posts
it used to say "why the crap was it in side feedback and questions?"

notice the typo? i changed one letter. no foolies. i didnt edit it to make you look like a dumbass :p i seriously was like...oh wait....side...doesnt make sense

6,122 Posts
ohh yeah, it went berserk a long time ago

(curse my engrish)

· Registered
1 Posts
Problem Solved...

I have grandia II in my CD drive and I click: Run, Start. And it tells me it can't read the dc_bios.bin But I have a CD! I need help. And I can't turn the cd into a bios either!! Does someone know how to help me???
Not sure when this was posted, not sure if its been answered. But here, google.co.uk > "how to rip my dreamcast BIOS" works perfectly. Drop it in the folder that you're running the Emulator from. I've got the emulator working, just got to figure out how 2 get my games working... I got the original, that doesnt work, so i downloaded it via Bit Torrent. But i'm not sure how 2 burn it? A burn of all the files in DJ doesnt seem to work? Anyone let me know please? Thanks...

PLEASE NOTE: for all the idiots out there... Emulators and "Roms" are not illegal. Unless of course you don't own the original game. If you own the original game, you are allowed to make "Backups" for personal use. Incase you're original gets damaged. ;) have fun! :)

· Registered
54 Posts
This thread made me laugh.

Quick answer:
You don't have the Dreamcast bios
The CD you're using wont be read properly by your drive.
I don't think you understand what bios are(is? :s), I suggest you check google.

6,122 Posts
I dont think you understand this was a very old post <.<
PLEASE NOTE: for all the idiots out there... Emulators and "Roms" are not illegal. Unless of course you don't own the original game. If you own the original game, you are allowed to make "Backups" for personal use. Incase you're original gets damaged. ;) have fun! :)
It is illegal if you download someone else's backup of the game. And please dotn revive old threads :p

Thread Closed.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.