Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just read this
Hi,

About our missing in action. Chankast has been a very stressful project, it needed a lot of time to get it working. We did an incredible work to get the first release working in only 3 months, it was a full time work. After the 0.25 release I didn't feel like doing chankast again so I took a long break, but
we have been improving a lot of things in that time. The emu is faster and need less memory to work, an early xbox version is working, it's great to see shenmue 1 on xbox :) , the sound is better, ...

About the future, we are thinking about releasing the source code and a binary with the latest changes.

Garrofi
Source

hooray, :bow:

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
Nice timing, sure they made it to make sure they get all votes from the awards xD . This is cool news!

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Good to hear this! Though I wonder how Shenmue runs on the Xbox :???:

·
<font color="#FF0066"><b>Advanced Newbie</b></font
5,797 Posts
refraction said:
well they arent making an xbox one, they are porting the pc version to the xbox or jsut making it more possible to port it
what makes u say taht?

·
Registered
175 Posts
i knew we'd be due for a chirstmas release. The xbox version is purely just to see how fast its possible to get DC games running on it... like we had other emu's for dreamcast and xbox that were as slow as a slug.

gr8 news for us pc gamers, hopefully they will fix that popping up of scenery bug so i can play properly on my 6800 ultra without interruptions :D

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bopig! said:
You say that as if your sure it's gonna be here by christmas. Where'd you get that idea? oO
you can always hope (?) also authors have written that another release is closer than far ;)

·
Registered
294 Posts
Well, someone with as many posts as yourself probabaly knows what he's talking about so I'm gonna agree that you guys are probabaly right. That rocks, maybe I'll finally be able to finish Skies of Arcadia. Damm the sound buffer to hell. :rant:

·
InnarX
2,756 Posts
Well, I am looking forward to a new release, even though at the moment I have no DC games. It's always amazing to see the potential and ingenuity from people to create.

Besides, I may get some soon...so, at least now it will be a much better experience. :D

r2rX :)

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well... quantity of post doesn't mean anything here... because yuo know that life can bring good and bad things. Let's just be patience, believe in authors and have hope (sometimes hardware upgrade meanwhile is usefull too ;) )

·
Registered
294 Posts
ready2rumbelX said:
Well, I am looking forward to a new release, even though at the moment I have no DC games. It's always amazing to see the potential and ingenuity from people to create.

Besides, I may get some soon...so, at least now it will be a much better experience. :D

r2rX :)
Heh ya, having games would certainly make the whole "gameplay" experience more intresting. :eek:nthepull

·
PCSX2 Coder
10,122 Posts
* Lady said:
what makes u say taht?
quote from the thread on emutalk by the moderator Clements (and what he was replying to

Originally Posted by ifo
I'm a liittle bit confused. Do you still make PC versions?

--------------------------------------------------------------

Yes. It's just that the emu is faster and can be ported to an Xbox, which is good news for everybody with a PC and Xbox.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts