Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is my first time using chanka, when everytime i try to open it, i got an error message say d3d9.dll was not found...so can someone tell me how to get this thing work...thanks

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
Install DirectX 9.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cooliscool said:
Install DirectX 9.
ok thanks now i got another problem, when i start chankast, i got a message say: "cant init 3D3. Your graphic card is not DX9 compatible or your destop resolution color is not 32bit"

i did set my destop to 32bit...so is this mean ill never get my chankast to work because my graphic card is not compatible with DX9...is there other i can get around this...

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
... Install the latest drivers for your graphics card.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im pretty new to this graphic card thingy, could you be more specific aobut the drivers thing, what kind of driver do i need to install, perhap you could give me link to that specific drivers...thanks...

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
What videocard do you have? Go to start>run>type dxdiag then go to the "display" tab. Take a shot of it so I can tell you where to get drivers for your card.

For example:

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sorry i dont have a screencapture program, the video card is 3dfx voodo03..if you need to know more, let me know and i will put down more information..

·
Premium Member
6,341 Posts
That's probably why Chankast isn't working. A Voodoo 3 is an ancient card and I haven't heard of anyone being able to run Chankast with one (it barely works on a TNT2 :p). If you can, try upgrading your graphics card. Is the Voodoo 3 the version that can't do 3D in 32 bit color depth or is that an older one?

·
Windows 8 Pro
1,148 Posts
Your video card is too old. That should be easy enough to understand. If you go to your local computer store and tell them you want to play newer 3D games they will recommend you something modern and usable.

·
Registered
40 Posts
No voodoo card could ever do 32bit color. I guess the guy in charge of 3dfx, forgot his name, was stubbornly against 32bit, seeing it as nothing but a performance obstacle. Of course, then 3dfx went out of business. Coincidence? I think not.

You're never going to run Chankast with a graphics card that is almost 5 years old.

In fact, if you're running a 5 year old graphics card, I'm going to venture a guess and say the rest of your computer isn't good enough either.

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
My friend tried to run Quake ]I[ Arena those days he had Voodoo 3 in 32 bit, the game allowed for ib, but sometimes in game there were few gfx glitches ;)

·
Registered
244 Posts
Actually VooDoo3 using not just 16bit depth in 3d - its 22bit depth with post-filtering and it was looking really nice... And yes, there is only only 1 generation of 3DFx cards with full support 32bit depth - cards based on FSAA-100 chips, VooDoo4 and V5 family.
Its a pity what such a good brand went out from 3D acceleration scene... V3 was one of the best 3D card of its time but now its totally not suits for gaming or next-gen emulation...

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
im pretty sure my video card support 3d game, cause i remember i installed a soccer on my computer really long time ago and i played for awhile...

·
Registered
244 Posts
As all said this card is TOO old for nowday games and emulation... Buy a new one modern video card like FX5900XT or R9600XT and play all games and emulated games without any problems.

·
Registered
294 Posts
alundra said:
im pretty sure my video card support 3d game, cause i remember i installed a soccer on my computer really long time ago and i played for awhile...
Well, just because your video card would play a 3D game MEANT for a PC OS a long time ago doesn't mean it's gonna play a 3D emulated game nowadays. Go buy a new card, they're not that expensive.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Best price/performance cards for now as i said before is GeForceFX5900XT(about 190$) and Radeon9600XT(about 170$) - FX is faster than Radeon... Also you can wait a few months and buy GeForce6600GT. BTW tell about your system configuration.

·
Registered
3 Posts
if i were you i would buy a new computer and do some research before running out to buy a new video card.. if you had a voodoo 3 in your computer and played a soccer game from "long ago" then your computer couldnt be more than a 700mhz pentium 3 at the very best. "Dude, youre gettin a dell"

1 - 20 of 22 Posts