Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have all of the needed .isos to play Metal Gear Solid 1, but when it says METAL GEAR SOLID: CHANGE DISK, I press Escape and use the Change Disk>ISO>(.iso file), but it sits there as if nothing happened.

(couldn't get the disks past my parents, only the files)

[/first post :D ]

·
soshin
2,595 Posts
Mount your image to a virtual drive or play with the actual CD. When changing Disc, select change CD -> CDROM. I'm guessing you're using ver. 1.7.0, and iirc that version has some issues with changing CDs by using the change ISO command.

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mount your image to a virtual drive or play with the actual CD. When changing Disc, select change CD -> CDROM. I'm guessing you're using ver. 1.7.0, and iirc that version has some issues with changing CDs by using the change ISO command.
The problem with my virtual drive is that it doesn't seem to be recognized by ePSXe.

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
you need to configure the CDR plugin so it reads from the virtual drive. if you already have it set up that way then the only thing i could suggest would be to try out a different virtual drive software. keep in mind that mounting the game on a virtual drive is not the only work-around for this issue, there are several other things you can try.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same problem, but the problem isn't still solved after I mount my MGS CD 2 into virtual machine and use the option Change disc -> CD Rom (Yes I configure my ePSXe to recognize my virtual CD and I know that it works). It only freeze.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Mount CD1 using DaemonTools. Play (Use Run CDROM, not Run ISO).
Get to the point where it asks to change disc. Mount CD2 now, Change Disc, CDROM.

Make sure the CDR Plugin is configured to point the correct drive letter before attempting any of this.

It WILL freeze if you run CD1 as ISO and then try to attempt to change to CD2 mounted.

Short Version:
  • Mount CD1
  • Play (Run CDROM)
  • Reach the Change Disk part in-game
  • Mount CD2, Change Disc (CDROM).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.