Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I apologize ahead of time that I'm asking a question similar to one asked a few days ago, but that thread didn't really help. The game I'm playing seems to require me to not be playing it for 24 hours in order for me to progress, and that doesn't seem to work as planned while using Visual Boy Advance on my computer. Does anyone know of a way I could modify something in order to fool the game into thinking the game hadn't been played for 24 hours? In other words, change the game clock? I've already tried leaving the game running for 24 hours, but that doesn't seem to work...

Thanks in advance for your advice!

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
use VBA-M.

Other then that, the Clock can only be manipulated with memory patches.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I apologize ahead of time that I'm asking a question similar to one asked a few days ago, but that thread didn't really help. The game I'm playing seems to require me to not be playing it for 24 hours in order for me to progress, and that doesn't seem to work as planned while using Visual Boy Advance on my computer. Does anyone know of a way I could modify something in order to fool the game into thinking the game hadn't been played for 24 hours? In other words, change the game clock? I've already tried leaving the game running for 24 hours, but that doesn't seem to work...

Thanks in advance for your advice!
If you are talking about GBA games:
Try doing a in-game save and closing the emulator. Then, set your system time and date with a +24hs difference.
After that, open VBA again and load your game.
That should do the trick...

If you are talking about GBC games:
As i already said, use >>REW<< (GB/GBC emulator) to emulate the game and load your save file.
Do an in-game save using REW and then use that save file on VBA.

Now, the game will say that you need to set the clock again.
Note that the game wil ask the same thing every time you start it on VBA.
The first time, time and date will be wrong but after that, it will always be ok so you can skip it pressing "A"...

If you want to skip a few hours, just set the time with a few extra hours passed.
If you want to skip a few days, just set the date to another day.

Just try it, it will work.
[guaranteed]

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
use VBA-M.

Other then that, the Clock can only be manipulated with memory patches.
After I downloaded VBA-M and attempted to launch it, it gave me the error message "This application has failed to start because d3dx9_41.dll was not found." A similar error occurred with all release versions that I downloaded. I'm not sure what the problem is...

If you are talking about GBA games:
Try doing a in-game save and closing the emulator. Then, set your system time and date with a +24hs difference.
After that, open VBA again and load your game.
That should do the trick...

If you are talking about GBC games:
As i already said, use >>REW<< (GB/GBC emulator) to emulate the game and load your save file.
Do an in-game save using REW and then use that save file on VBA.

Now, the game will say that you need to set the clock again.
Note that the game wil ask the same thing every time you start it on VBA.
The first time, time and date will be wrong but after that, it will always be ok so you can skip it pressing "A"...

If you want to skip a few hours, just set the time with a few extra hours passed.
If you want to skip a few days, just set the date to another day.

Just try it, it will work.
[guaranteed]
I downloaded REW, but I couldn't figure out how to get it to load my save file. VBA created a .sgm file as my save file; does that make sense? In any case, REW was able to emulate the game (a GBC game) but wasn't able to use the file when I directed it to the file. Is there anything else I can do?

Again, thank you guys for your suggestions!

·
Registered
191 Posts
After I downloaded VBA-M and attempted to launch it, it gave me the error message "This application has failed to start because d3dx9_41.dll was not found." A similar error occurred with all release versions that I downloaded. I'm not sure what the problem is...
You have to update DirectX to run VBA-M.

I downloaded REW, but I couldn't figure out how to get it to load my save file. VBA created a .sgm file as my save file; does that make sense? In any case, REW was able to emulate the game (a GBC game) but wasn't able to use the file when I directed it to the file. Is there anything else I can do?

Again, thank you guys for your suggestions!
Save files are *.sav, the *.sgm file is a save state which cannot be used by any other emulator but VBA.
To use your VBA's save file on REW, just copy it to the REW's save file folder ("gbsave" iirc) before loading the ROM on REW.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.