Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm trying to setup the nRage Pad controller plugin to use in ePSXe (without ePSXeCutor), but the actual place to configure which plugin ePSXe uses is nowhere to be seen.. in the wizard config you are immediatelly thrown to the core controller plugin, and in Config>Game Pad> you are again given the core controller plugin..

i've heard from past versions that it's somehow impossible to add 3rd-party controller plugins to ePSXe, but then what's the point of the interchangeable PSEmu Pro standard? seems kinda silly the programmers would hard-code this exclusivelly..

i'm using 1.6.0, btw..

if this is asked too many times, i'm sorry i missed it.. this appears to be an extremelly noobish question (and i'm all but).. i've looked on hours on end, google and here, and nothing related to my question appeared, except a comment about the controller plugin being hardcoded into ePSXe..

thanks for the help :)

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
There is no 3rd party plugin support for controllers in ePSXe as yet. It was planned for 1.6.0 but due to a HDD crash it wasn't implemented.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kane-Sama said:
There is no 3rd party plugin support for controllers in ePSXe as yet. It was planned for 1.6.0 but due to a HDD crash it wasn't implemented.
that is morronic.

no matter how good the internal controller plugin is, if they're following the PSEmu Pro standard they have to include other plugin options..

is there a way i can get it to work through a frontend/loader or something? i've tried using ePSXeCutor --which supposedly lets you chose a different plugin-- and all i get is a blank screen (plus, i hate the fact that it can't load images).. i've used Delta, as well, but it too uses the core controller plugin..

this really is frustrating.. i don't want to use PSXeven :(

thanks for the replies.. at least now i know it's for certain, not some dumb option i overlooked.. :D

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
....what's wrong with the built in ePSXe plugin?

....what's wrong with PSXeven?

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
Yeah why do you want to change that plugin? Your pad ain't working or what?

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Sorry but frontends can't add such a thing. The reason why both have inital support for pads was explained by kane.

However pad support is present in the linux version of the emu. If you really must have an external pad and epsxe, ATM your only option is to switch operating systems.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hushypushy said:
....what's wrong with the built in ePSXe plugin?

....what's wrong with PSXeven?
the Mouse function isn't emulated properly. i want to use the mouse for cursor-based games like Clock Tower, and although it works, it's very jumpy and awkward.. with the N-Rage plugin i can control the mouse sensitivity, which i feel would help me out some..

also, i want to play Ape Escape emulating the analog controller with the mouse, and i've gotten around it, but somehow there's no action button available, and it makes the game unplayable..

again, the fact that their controller plugin is flawless is irrelevant.. if they're bound by the PSEmu Pro standard, then include a simple plugin chooser..

and about PSXeven.. the latest version won't even startup, and the one before that throws me straight to desktop.. grantedly, i didn't mess around with the configs a whole lot, just threw some plugins at it, but still... besides, ePSXe runs everything perfectly, so why bother changing emus?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Betamax said:
Sorry but frontends can't add such a thing. The reason why both have inital support for pads was explained by kane.

However pad support is present in the linux version of the emu. If you really must have an external pad and epsxe, ATM your only option is to switch operating systems.
can i get a link to that explanation? i'm curious..

and why on earth would they remove external controller plugin support for the Windows version and keep it in the Linux one? makes no sense to me..

sorry for double post.. :)

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
how about PCSX?

and the ePSXe controller plugin isn't flawless btw, but it is pretty damn good.

or you could just get Linux, it's free ya know ;) (but a lot of hassle just for ePSXe)

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
>can i get a link to that explanation? i'm curious..

Sure, it's the bit you quoted of me earlier: "It was planned for 1.6.0 but due to a HDD crash it wasn't implemented."

>no matter how good the internal controller plugin is, if they're following the PSEmu Pro standard they have to include other plugin options..

They don't have to do anything.

>and why on earth would they remove external controller plugin support for the Windows version and keep it in the Linux one? makes no sense to me..

They didn't 'remove' pad support in Windows, they nbever implemented it. There was probably a good reason for not supporting pad plugins initialy. Maybe it was easier to program thier own one back then.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts