Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that i've switched from nemu to pj (for most games) are the settings in the options/settings/options menu usefull for tweaking.

Such as:

CPU Core - Interpreter/Recompiler
Self Modifying Code Handling - Cache/Chk Mem/Cache + Chk Mem/Protect Mem

RDram size - 4Mb/8Mb (I'm assuming 8 is better)
Speed Limiter - *Disabled/50 VI/s (PAL)/60 VI/s (NTSC) (selected NTSC, not sure why, maybe more VI/s)

·
king Kong Never Dies!
2,057 Posts
do u know what video plaugin is the best? i have just downloaded pj64 and going test it soon, but im totally unfamiliar with this emu, so if ya know which one is the best video plugin, plz let me know :)

·
Key To The Universe
2,712 Posts
It depends on your video card. I don't have a Geforce2 to tell you which one is the best, but you should try all of them to see which one works best for you. Most people think the best is Jabo's D3D 1.30.

·
Registered
158 Posts
recompier=fast, less compatible
interpreter=damn slow, more compatible

basically stick with the recompiler

i suggest these settings:

RDRAM Size=8Mbits = expansion pak (worth using as default)
Self-modifying Code= for pj64 1.3 Check Mem & Cache (use protect memory in pj64 1.2)
Speed limiter = NTSC 60 vi/s

best vid plugin= jabos d3d 1.3 - fancy a game of conker's?
hehe runner up= jabos d3d 1.2 as a few games were broken in 1.3 such as 1080 and donkey kong.

·
king Kong Never Dies!
2,057 Posts
thx for urs replies. :)

I have tested the emu yesterday, and yes, jabo is the best video plugin i must say, but, it cant play zelda64 :(

And i also have problems with the input plugun, i have set the direction keys, but still cant works. ( those a ,b,c and start button have no problems ).I'll try again sooner to make it work.

·
(>^_^)> *KIRBY*
2,612 Posts
wut is the beest sound plugin i use the ones it came with and both are always out of sync wid da game... itz really pissing me off.. <:(

·
Key To The Universe
2,712 Posts
I think Azimer's sound plugin is the best. Test both 0.3 and 0.3 rev2 to see which one is the best for the game you're playing.

·
Registered
158 Posts
depends on ur specs really. jabos directsound is best for fast computers as its most compatible with pj64 and has very good sound quality, therefore being quite demanding. zilmars is another good compatible sound card but should work better on lower spec pcs (plus u can enable HLE sound). azimars 0.3 (old driver) is extremely compatible, and the new driver is quite uncompatible, but has incredible synce and quality in certain games, such as banjo kazooie (it was kinda experimental).

·
king Kong Never Dies!
2,057 Posts
finish tested the emu, what i wanted to say is : it has become my first choice n64 emu! the graphics for zelda 64 almost perfect,just with very few graphics errors.

And how about the speed? GOOD!

nuff said.

·
Registered
158 Posts
only 2 games that r compatible on pj64 i recommend on uhle instead - goldeneye and zelda OoT (start screen delay bug), as its still worth using the good 'ol emu for something.

pj64 is amazing though, i got damn far in turok 2 using thhe emu and there were hardly any visible bugs.

·
king Kong Never Dies!
2,057 Posts
To be quite frankly,i havent found or noticed any visual bugs during playing zelda64 after i have adjusted the video options.

I'll give this game 97 marks!!

Ridge racer64? hehe, how could i miss such a great game made by Namco? ;)

·
Registered
158 Posts
basically u r right, but there is a bloody annoying start bug which causes the start screen to take like 15 secs to load, whilst Majoras Mask doesnt hav this. considering the start screen is used often this is quite annoying, which is why i recommend uhle. thats it! so i would say err.. 82.55% compatible hehe

1 - 14 of 14 Posts