Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been trying to get FFX to work and have succeeded for the most part, most of the gameplay is smooth (40-60fps), but cutscenes seem to give me a real problem. I initially used the ZeroGS 0.97 plug-in b/c I liked the options better, but during the cut-scene (the first one w/ the blitzball and such) the entire screen goes blank w/ audio continuing in the background. Switched over to GSdx9 and that's better in that I can see it, but there is an atrocious flicker that is pretty painful to behold. I'm wondering if someone can point me to another plug-in or fix of some kind for this, or are these cut-scenes just not in working order right now?

e6750 @ 3.6ghz
8800gts 512
vista x64
GSdx9
ZeroSPU 0.4.4
Linuzappz Iso
EERec,VU recompilers, MTGS, DC, and Limit all enabled in cpu config
FFX hack enabled

Thanks for the help.

·
The Pest
1,820 Posts
GSdx can't render most cutscenes well and that'll happen. GSdx flickering can be fixed by using the correct setting though.

·
<font color="#FF0066"><b>Advanced Newbie</b></font
5,797 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies, dl the latest GSdx hopefully that will help. I'm using 0.9.4 which I presumed was the latest official build of PSX2 (I actually can't locate another), although admittedly I'm a tad confused as to if there is perhaps a better one out there but it is technically in beta and not discussable here? Please elaborate perhaps. Thanks.

·
Registered
44 Posts
not sure if this is legal in the forums..but on the ngemu.com u can download svn 377 and 351 off the ps2 emu link. just keep scrolling down.. you will notice they are a bit older. i complete ffx and xii on svn 351 with very few glitches. other versions you have to learn how to compile yourself. these 2 were considered "public betas"

you can also try the official playground version which can also be found on ngemu.com or the the official pcsx2 site. this is the one im using now. i have to say its very good. comes with all the plugins you need to get going.. u jsut have to dump your bios.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts