Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
try uninstalling this CEP program and see if things go back to normal.

·
pSX Troubleshooter/Fanboy
318 Posts
CEP does not get installed... it's simply run.

@wtfnubzero: Are you saying that even if you don't have CEP running at all, pSX still lags now (not just that the codes are off)? What is your computer's specs? If you're still running CEP but just have the codes off, have you tried setting pSX to a higher process priority (via the Task Manager or Ultima's pSX Frontend)? In conjunction with that, on the Custom tab, above the "Code Engine" drop-down list, there is a number in a box. That number is the "refresh rate" for CEP (basically, it's how often CEP writes to the memory addresses specified in the codes, in milliseconds). Try setting that to a higher number (anywhere from 100-1000 would be good to try).

Might be good to make sure you don't have any system-intensive background processes running while playing pSX too (though setting pSX to a higher process priority should solve that if there aren't too many running). And make sure you're running the game from an image (either loaded directly or played from a virtual drive, doesn't matter). Also make sure you aren't somehow running multiple instances of pSX or CEP (that shouldn't happen, but I've seen weirder things). Lastly... have you checked to make sure you haven't somehow acquired a virus? I know it's a crappy question, but I want to make sure to bring it up in the unlikely event that you happen to get a nasty one around the same time as getting CEP.

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
CEP does not get installed... it's simply run.
never heard of it until now, i figured it was some sort of outside software that is actually put into your system and remains their until it is manually removed when he mentioned reinstalling psx and turning this CEP thing off did not change anything.

·
pSX Troubleshooter/Fanboy
318 Posts
No problem. I wasn't trying to cut on you or anything. CEP is basically a standalone program written by Dr. Hell, that is made to allow memory address changes for any program. I can't imagine any way for CEP to cause this problem in pSX in any permanent way. At the very most, a restart might be necessary if memory values belonging to a program besides pSX are changed.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi, just for lagging in general, download directx9.0 + the latest graphic drivers for your graphic crad, someone told me that, then I had no lagg spikes / fps drop (music aswell) ;D

·
"Cop a feel"
3 Posts
Can anybody tell me what is the suitable base address for CEP to work with epsxe? I managed to get it to work long ago but already forgot how.. :x3:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts