Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Scourge of the Seven Seas
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When one of my "big boned" relations almost crushed my Valkyrie Profile, I suddenly felt the need to make backups of my CD's. Now, I can easily make ISO's of my games on my HD using CDRWin, and I can copy 'em onto a CD if they take up too much space. So here's the thing: I play my 2D games (VP, MegaMan X4-5, Final Fantasy Tactics, Misad. o' Tron Bonne [OK, that's not 2D, but ePSXe don't play it :p ]) only on my TV, 'cause it looks SOOOO much better up there. How would I go about making the backup playable on my PSOne? Should I use them black CD-R's I've seen? Thnx in advance ;) !

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
AFAIK, there's no way to play backups on the real PS console without the aid of a modchip or a... umm.. game enhancer or something like that. Black CD-Rs won't make a difference.

·
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
:(

(afaik? wassat mean?)

Edit: Oh, as far as I know . . . ;)

:(

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
kairi00 is right. You need a modchip to play a backup on a real PSX or PS1. If you have a PSX with the scph1001 or scph7502 bios there is a device you can attach to the PSX parallel port, but I don't think such a device exists that's compatible with a PS1.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Originally posted by fivefeet8
Or you can try to find a swap method that will work.. That is how I play all my psx and saturn backups on the real systems.. I don't realy know about the psone's though.. The old psx's were easier to do the swap trick..
Theres a double swap trick that works with all PSX's that ive tried it on, but i've never tried it on a PSOne

·
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Swap? :confused:

·
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:confused: Boost CD ? :eyes: What are you talking about?

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
I only know of one swap method that works on older PSX (SCPH1000 generation). I doubt it'll work on a PSOne though... maybe Hairybudda can give more details on the double swap trick?

As for what Zell said, I think he meant boot cd. Have a look here for more details:

http://www.0-modchip.com/psx.html

·
Registered
234 Posts
Originally posted by kairi00
I only know of one swap method that works on older PSX (SCPH1000 generation). I doubt it'll work on a PSOne though... maybe Hairybudda can give more details on the double swap trick?

As for what Zell said, I think he meant boot cd. Have a look here for more details:

http://www.0-modchip.com/psx.html
2 Methods Here:

1st method: If you dont care about perfect audio replication, you _may_ miss a few CD audio tracks

1. Start your system with the brace in place, and a local disk (i.e. from whatever country you live in) in place
2. As the motor switches the disk to 2x speed (you'll hear it), quickly replace the local disk with the game you want to play (the import)
3. The import disk will speed up, then slow down, then speed up again. When it slows down again, replace the local disk.
4. When the local disk speeds back up, switch the import back in. If you've done it right, the game should load up.

2nd method: a bit harder than the double swap technique, but perfect cd track replication

1. Turn on your system WITHOUT a game in, or the switch depressed.
2. Go into the CD Audio menu.
3. Insert your local disk, then "roll" your brace into position, depressing the hatch switch.
4. Count approximately 2 seconds, then switch in the Foreign disk.
5. If you've done it correctly, you'll see the number of tracks on the Foreign disk rather than the number on your Local disk.
6. Substitute the local disk back in, then exit the CD Audio menu.
Once the local disk speeds back up, swap the Foreign disk back in.

The foreign CD in these swap techniques just means import or CDR Backup or whatever. Oh yea, the brace just holds the the button in the back of the PSX CD Tray down, i.e. using sticky tape or a spring, so the PSX thinks the tray is closed. Hope I helped...:D

PIS, Im still happily stoned, so forgive any errors :D

·
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This requires an original PS game, right? This is just in case something happens to the original CD. Like my aunt Tere sittin' on it. :eek:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Piece of cake here....

Ejem... It seems you got problems out there... I got an old playstation (don't ask), but it is really old. And she can manage the backup I make... ALWAYS... I use the HPCDWriter software...
Je je.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts