Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
cdrVirus 1.7 (new cdrMooby)

cdrVirus 1.7

(* - fix/update, + option added, - option disabled)

==secound public build
cdrVirus 1.7
*new FLTK
*redesigned config window
*ePSXe 1.7.0 compatibility:
fix BIOS Load crash
added CDRreadCDDA and CDRgetTE for Interal SPU 1.7.0 (plays CDDA through SPU)
*get rid off my slow and dirty Progress_Bar
+now using Flu_Progress_Meter
+CDDA using SDL (thanks to pcsx-df)
+GTK+ style
-Smaller cache size (max 256mb, more is useless)
-linux port discontiuned (in fact many features are ported from dfbinimage2)

Know issues:
CCDParser and CUEParser is bugy, and loading CCD/CUE may fail
CDRreadCDDA gives ePSXe only 1 sector of CD at time, this may cause sound clicks/pops, but this is emu issue
Now needs a SDL.dll, download from here and unpack to main emu folder (where ePSXe.exe is)

TODO:
Add OGG File spport (port from dfbinimage2)

Source code can be downladed from here

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I was looking for a plugin that would auto load sbi files and this plugin seems to be what I am looking for. It works great.

But I don't know how to load an image from the command line when using a frontend. I found this in an old changelog:
"CDRMooby 2.2
- New config stuff: In Windows, the configuration settings are now stored in the registry. There's also a new key called "autorun" that, if set, the plugin will automatically use the image listed there without prompting for a file (a nice feature for you frontend people). Also, the plugin keeps track of the last file you ran and makes that the default when starting the emulator."

How do I use this feature? Do I have to change the registry key from a batch file?

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Hi, I was looking for a plugin that would auto load sbi files and this plugin seems to be what I am looking for. It works great.

But I don't know how to load an image from the command line when using a frontend. I found this in an old changelog:
"CDRMooby 2.2
- New config stuff: In Windows, the configuration settings are now stored in the registry. There's also a new key called "autorun" that, if set, the plugin will automatically use the image listed there without prompting for a file (a nice feature for you frontend people). Also, the plugin keeps track of the last file you ran and makes that the default when starting the emulator."

How do I use this feature? Do I have to change the registry key from a batch file?
Load image from command line is impossible from plugin, but you may use Petes ePSXeCutor, its read settings from registry and can make desktop shortcuts simple (ePSXeCutor.exe "config name"). Set the autorun image in settings, and run as run from CD.

BTW, check plugin version, if it's 1.7.0.0, redownload the file because I made some small changes (its now 1.7.0.2).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Load image from command line is impossible from plugin, but you may use Petes ePSXeCutor, its read settings from registry and can make desktop shortcuts simple (ePSXeCutor.exe "config name"). Set the autorun image in settings, and run as run from CD.

BTW, check plugin version, if it's 1.7.0.0, redownload the file because I made some small changes (its now 1.7.0.2).
I'm using GameEx as a frontend, which has a "Launch Before" option. I've written a vbscript that changes the "autorun" value in "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Vision Thing\PSEmu Pro\CDR\VirusCDR".
It's working now. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for improving the old cdrmooby :)

It would be great if you could add support for .ecm files.
ECM - Neill Corlett's Home Page

Also maybe a new compressed image format where everything is in one file with even better compression.
You could process sectors with ECM and then compress them with LZMA to get a better compression and to improve even more CDDA could be compressed with FLAC or some other lossless format.

Just some suggestions keep up the good work :thumb:

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
ECM is only useful for pirates. NOT GUNNA HAPPEN.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
supporting ECM just makes it that little bit easier.

DO NOT WANT.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
I'll make sure it isn't supported here then as it promotes piracy. a certain site sends all their psx downloads in this format now.

Besides, the method behind this requires realtime decompression and reinsertion of removed data. its nothing more then bloating the code.

i'd rather see support for CCD/Cue + sub with compression then ECM

·
Registered
5 Posts
supporting ECM just makes it that little bit easier.
As if that would matter, the ps is almost 15 years old.

I'll make sure it isn't supported here then as it promotes piracy
How can ECM promote piracy, it only removes redundant data that can be restored later.

a certain site sends all their psx downloads in this format now
And that's why other users have to abandon ECM and the possibility to save some space, just because a "certain site" uses it for piracy?

Besides, the method behind this requires realtime decompression and reinsertion of removed data.
Todays CPUs are more than powerful enough for that.

its nothing more then bloating the code.
Well ecm.exe and unecm.exe are only 8kb each.

i'd rather see support for CCD/Cue + sub with compression then ECM
One file for everything with even better compression would be nice :)

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
ECM isn't 1 file.

CDZ is one file, however it has issues with decompression for some disks for some reason.

btw, everything you said is pirate talk. more reason this site won't support it.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Nope, ECM decompression is compilcated, even if I write (some later time "...in a galaxy far far away" :rolleyes: and maybe for my personal use only) some code simmiliar to ECM, it will use very different file format.

Squall-Leonhart said:
ECM isn't 1 file.

CDZ is one file, however it has issues with decompression for some disks for some reason.

btw, everything you said is pirate talk. more reason this site won't support it.
ecm is 1 file (.ecm)

@JustSomeUser

IMO saving space for PC is very useless in this age (I have 1,2TB RAID0 array, even netbooks have about 100GB+), better is provide better caching (seems to be many cache misses) and CDDA support (TrackParser).

@all
sorry for my bad english :(

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.