Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
k, i have a simple problem that is not easy to solve, here is the info i can provide about the system:
<OS> WinXP Service Pack 2 (Build #2600)
<CPU> AMD Athlon XP 2500+ (Barton) , 1.84 GHz
<VIDEO> nVidia GeForce FX 5200 on Plug and Play Monitor @ 1280x1024x32bpp 60Hz
<SOUND> NVIDIA(R) nForce(TM) Audio
<MEMLOAD> 481/1024 MB

and here is hte epsxe info:

ePSXe V 1.6.0
Video plugins:
Pete's OpenGL Driver 1.75 ( i normally use this one)
Pete's DX6 D3D Driver 1.75
Pete's D3D Driver 1.75
Sound Plugins:
P.E.Op.S. Dsound Audio Driver 1.9 ( this one is the normal one)
Null2's Audio Driver 1.3
CD-rom Plugin:
( i keep changing it and tryin to figure this one out, i think the prob is here )
ePSXe CDR WNT/W2K core 1.5.2(this one because of ease of setup)
Mooby2 cd disk image driver 2.8
P.E.Op.S. CDR Driver 1.4

and now for the problem:

test disk: BOF3(original disk and iso)
warning:
* Warning: cdrom read mode unknown.

error message:
* Error Reading CD: 0,2,16
* Error Reading CD: 0,2,0

can anyone help me(because i think it is just user error)?

note: if i put this thread in the wrong forum, please move it.

edit: i just noticed another error message :(, and here it is:

* gettrackinfo error[4] [G] ok

Edit: just got done trying Alcohol 120 %'s virtual cd drive, same error as above.

Edit: tried a different plugin, the aspi one that is built into epsxe, and now it plays the game :D, but theonly downside is that i just want to use the virtual drive capabilities :(.

Edit: anyways, FF4 works, and i just attached a pic of the game at the main title screen :).

Edit: i just realized it was not alcohol's virtual drive, but daemon tools virtual drive i was using :).

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Sounds like either a misconfigured cd plugin or a damaged disk.

Try using a auto-configure plugin such as xevens or sapu's. Failing that, try making an image from the cd.

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
Beta, he already stated he is using an ISO :p

Did you try the iso with the internal iso loader? If so, then it's probably an scratched cd, and there's not much you can do with it. Try making the iso with alcohol 120% or clonecd, both have great error recovery, though it's not sure it's going to work

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I-Chan said:
Beta, he already stated he is using an ISO :p

Did you try the iso with the internal iso loader? If so, then it's probably an scratched cd, and there's not much you can do with it. Try making the iso with alcohol 120% or clonecd, both have great error recovery, though it's not sure it's going to work
will do :) and anyways, it worked over a year ago, i think the problem is my drive ;), but i will give alcohol 120% a try... do you know of any other windows apps that do a good job, and are free :), because i am really into that :D.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Done testing, still nothing :(, and alcohol 120% shows no options to save files out as iso files... and i also got a clone iwth it, same error :(.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I managed to get much further this try, but i still have problems :(, i have attached the pic that shows the issue, and the other pic is the settings for the cd.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no, it happens to all disks, new and old, the new one is FF4 that i just bought, and it does the same issue :(.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yea, but does it matter that it is a dvd drive?

and here is the error from the other version of the emulator, supplied via the attached pic.

·
Be The One
37 Posts
It shouldn't matter if you're making an ISO. But I don't think DVD drives work well with PS cd's, at least mine doesn't. If you have a burner, use that instead.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
BoA said:
It shouldn't matter if you're making an ISO. But I don't think DVD drives work well with PS cd's, at least mine doesn't. If you have a burner, use that instead.
Does a Dvd Burner count?!

·
Be The One
37 Posts
DVD burner's can usually burn CD's so give it a shot.

And the file Alcohol spits out (mds/mdf) is generally, for all intents and purposes, an ISO.

·
Be The One
37 Posts
Hmm... either give it a last shot and make an ISO of the disc or... I dunno >_<

Is BOF3 protected?

If you have an ISO, should the plugin for CD drive matter? Probably, not.

There might be something wrong with the reading of your discs...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts