Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,
trying to start a game from dvd results in a black screen.
I get the error: CD (0,2,16) read ioctl failed (5)
This is my environment:
debian linux kernel 2.6.7
epsxe version: 1.6.0
these are the plugins:
video: Pete's MesaGL Driver 1.75
sound: P.E.Op.S. OSS Audio Driver 1.9
File->Run Bios functions corretly with sound, but file->Run CDrom fails.
This is the output:

* Running ePSXe emulator version 1.6.0.
* Memory handlers init.
* ePSXe: PSX BIOS loaded [/home/pgo/tmp/epsxe3/bios//scph7502.bin].
* Init internal cdrom ... ok
* First/Last track: 1 1
* Track 1: (DATA) - Start 0: (00,02,00)
CD(0,2,16) read ioctl failed (5)
CD(73,19,32) read ioctl failed (5)
CD(73,19,33) read ioctl failed (5)
* NTSC cdrom detected.
* Init gpu[0][libgpuPeteMesaGL.so.1.0.75]
2d3D, Inc
Mesa DRI Intel(R) 845G 20021115
* Open gpu[0]
* Init spu[0][libspuPeopsOSS.so.1.0.9]
* Open spu[0]
CD(0,2,16) read ioctl failed (5)
CD(0,2,0) read ioctl failed (5)
Does anyone have any idea about this error?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Why does nobody answer me?
Did I do something wrong?
Is this a silly FAQ- or RTFM-Question, I really don't have any idea what I did wrong?
Should I sent this question as a bug report?

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
Please don't double post. Bumping is not allowed. If you need to add something to a previous post, use the edit button instead. If nobody answered, it's probably because nobody knows the answer. Have you tried making an iso of the game and loading it as an iso? I could never make the linux version load from cd, though i didn't try very hard, either. However, loading from the iso worked just fine, and anyways it's the best way to play, so you should try that.

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Plombe said:
Does anyone have any idea about this error?
Well not really, problem is the forum is about 95% windows users... so linux problems usually take longer to resolve.

Although if I was to guess the cd plugin is not setup correctly. Double check you've specified the correct device, and the correct read mode for you drive (most need 0xBE ).

Plombe said:
Why does nobody answer me?
See above

Plombe said:
Did I do something wrong?
Not really, however double posting is about the 2nd most rude thing you can do about here. (The rudest thing being multi posting in different places).

Plombe said:
Should I sent this question as a bug report?
No, I don't think it's a bug issue. Of course I'm not a developer on this project, so don't take my word as gospel.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tried to make a copy of the cd onto the harddisk using dd.
The iso-image didn't function. After this i googled a little and found out better using cdrdao to create an iso-image.
This doesn't function either cause cdrdao crashes trying to read the dvd (silent hill 2). I used tho newest version of cdrdao. Perhaps I should try an already created iso-image but didn't find one on the net.
Thank you for your answers, ich will now try to find an iso-image of a playstation game.
Bye
Patrick

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
Perhaps you should try a playstation game. Silent Hill 2 is PS2 game, ePSXe doesn't emulate PS2 games.

Now to the bad part. I suggest you to read the [rules]rules[/rules], specially the part about "No warez discussion". Downloading an ISo is ilegal, no matter if you own the game. You are entitled to do an ISO of your own game, but not to own an ISO of someone else's copy of the game. This discussion is agaisn't the rules, and thus ends here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.