Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well ePSXe 1.5.2 works smoothly if i use the built-in Run ISO Option or the Mooby plugin.Unfortunately i have problems if i try to use "straight from cd" plugins.For example when i switching screens in ff7 i have lag.Same in resi when i change rooms.

Here is my settings

Plugin: P.E.Op.S. Soft Driver 1.1.17
Author: Pete Bernert and the P.E.Op.S. team

Resolution/Color:
- 800x600 Fullscreen - [32 Bit]
Stretch mode: 0
Dither mode: 2

Framerate:
- FPS limit: on
- Frame skipping: off
- FPS limit: Auto

Misc:
- Scanlines: disabled
- Game fixes: off [00000001]

Eternal SPU 1.41

Direct sound
buffer size 64
update before accessing registry
spu async
async mode smooth

As for the cdr plugin i try cdr xeven's,sapu's & i leave the default settings.Same problems with both plugins.

And as for the peops cdr plugin when i try to use autodetect the emulator hangs.I try some settings around but almost the same results as the other cdr plugins.

My pc specs

msi k7n2 nvidia nforce 2 400 ultra
amd sempron 2400+
nvidia ge-force 6600 256 mb
audigy player 1
2x256 mb ram ddr 400

and my cd/dvd drive is the Plextor dvd-rom px-116 a2.

Any help would be really great.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No not problems at all with ISO as i said.
Works like a real PS1 :)
Especially now because i buy a nice psx usb pad converter :D

However if i missing a config in the cdr plugins it would be nice to properly set it for smoothly reading. :nod:
But if its simple not possibly thats okay.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
654 Posts
The lag is because PC CD-ROM drives take time to spin up after they've been idle a while, contrary to a real PS1 or PS2 where the disk spins all the time so there's no lag.

Your two solutions for this are to make and use ISOs, or to use something like Nero Drivespeed (freeware) to prevent your drive from spinning down.

Dan

·
Registered
4 Posts
HI! You can use the read-ahead option with additional cache on P.E.Op.S. plugin, or simply, try other CDR plugin.

PS: sorry for the off-topic, but... you have the .sbi .m3s files for Toca world touring cars (it-sp, with B.A.D. patch) who ever hangs on race loading??? can you send me or post this files???
sorry again and tanks!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the help you gyus.It seems that if i use the read ahead mode in peops cdr it works better.Also resi 2 now works PERFECTLY no lag at all!

But those damn ff games.But i will use ISO on those.Hehe :evil:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.