Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new to the forums here ;)

Not sure where to post since other forums are all about emulations, basically I have this one question regarding dreamcast CDI/ISOs.

I have a CDI/ISO file that I want to try to burn to CD using DiscJuggler or similar tools, but the question is can it play on my NTSC dreamcast? Does my dreamcast need to be modified first (like ps2 modchip?) or perhaps a boot disc? Or I can just pop in the CD and it'll work like a charm? The CDI file is a pretty rare NTSC game btw.

I never tried anything like this before, so some advice would be greatly appreciated. :lol: Thanks.:dance:

·
The Hunter
17,202 Posts
Smells like piracy to me but hey, go with flowrent's advice and look for Utopia bootdisc if it doesn't boot automatically. And it might also depend on what revision version you have.

·
Psychotic Robot Master
1,588 Posts
Cid Highwind said:
Smells like piracy to me but hey, go with flowrent's advice and look for Utopia bootdisc if it doesn't boot automatically. And it might also depend on what revision version you have.
it could be beats of rage ;)

·
The Hunter
17,202 Posts
Surely I would consider that one rare :p

·
PCSX2 Coder
11,343 Posts
XenosagaIII said:
Does my dreamcast need to be modified first (like ps2 modchip?) or perhaps a boot disc? Or I can just pop in the CD and it'll work like a charm?
that depends, if you got one of the early dreamcasts, they read copies anyway. if you got one of the later ones, you will need to get it chipped

·
The Hunter
17,202 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.