Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
XA Read Sound (Syphon Filter 2) Help!!

I downloaded ePSXe 1.4.0 emulator. Plugins and everything is exellent! The graphics are great, movie and music and SFX kick ass, but the CDDA sound dont work (eg. in Syphon Filter 2 first level
you can walk up to GI's and sometimes they talk to you, well i get no sound, it works for like 1 second then stops). Do I need a new sound plugin (i am using Andy's Sound Plug In from psxemu.com.)It is very good but i get no CDDA sound. Help plz!
Thx
Joe_Zombie

·
Premium Member
2,712 Posts
Is the CDDA audio enabled? Try also Iori's latest plugin. I think it's the best. Which cd plugin are you using?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes CDDA is enabled. And i am using Andy's SPU Audio Driver 0.15
And yes I have tried Iori's, same problem.

·
Premium Member
2,712 Posts
Which CD plugin are you using? Or are you using an ISO?

·
Lost in Time
2,289 Posts
Hmmm, did you tried enabled acurate cdrom timming under the CDrom options? It can fix a variety of sound problems too. ;)

·
Premium Member
2,712 Posts
I think Pete's cd plugin has some problems with CDDA when running from Win2k. Try epsxe's internal cdr plugin, I think it will work. Look at a small part from Pete's readme:

"Oki, lesson learned: if you want to use a different cdr plugin
(not the native epsxe one) with W2k, you have to disable the
epsxe cdda support... at least until epsxe 1.5 is released
(you better run fast, calb, or I will kick your sorry ass ;)
Not a big issue, since most games are not using cdda at all."

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I used that plugin, it still dint work. Does that Readme part mean no matter what i do i cant get CDDA sound??

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i cant even test it anymore because my CD ROM drive isnt reading any of my CDs.They still work but i cant get the playstation games to work because they need to auto-run. I might have fixed the game but i cant test it now.
:(

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OK. its reading CDs now. but the CDDA sound still doesnt work. And I also cant save my game. it says no memory card present. what do i do now??

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thx for the saving. but the CDDA sound still doesnt work and i have another god for saken problem. When I load the CD up the screen just goes blank instead of loading the game. wtf??!!

:mad: :help: :mad:

·
Premium Member
2,712 Posts
Have you tried playing it with another emulator or making an ISO?

If you want to read what Pete said about his plugin under Win2k, read the "cdr_version_1_7.txt" file that comes with his cd plugin.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
ok. every single problem is solved except the CDDA sound. yes i have tried another Plugin and the CDDA worked but it was only a demo and it was not that good. I want to keep ePSXe. and know i have not tried making a ISO (since i dont know how) and no i do not want to read what pete said since im using the default cdr plugin now. I need a solution to get CDDA sound.

!!!!!!!!!!!!! :help: !!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW. I just disabled CDDA sound to see what would happen and it is still trying to play the talking sounds during the game but it just stops after like 1 second. are these sounds even CDDA? if they arnt i still need to figue out how to get them to play full.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I also had this problem with SF 2 (in SF 1 too). I found that some people also had it. I think that the problem isn't the sound plugin. Actually, all pages that I looked for the compatibility of this game says that the emulator doesn't play this talks.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
oh man...thats a real downer....well i downloaded this emulator demo and it worked on there. Well i guess i could always play it on ps1 :yawn:. although computer is way better,i could still play on the pc with no talking sound..oh well thx anyway. It sucks that there is no possible way.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
im also noticing that *every* single game i play always has at least one sound part missing. :confused:

also in SF 2 in some levels the ppl need to talk for you to keep going and if they cant it screws up the game. :mad:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts