Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to ePSXe and PSX emu in general...
Am I right in thinking that CDDA is the music spooled off the cd, ie background music, such as the in-game Gran Turismo music?

Well, In Medal Of Honor, everything works perfectly apart from the bloody music which plays in the background - it goes FAR too quick!
And in Gran Turismo, the music comes in blocks every second - are these problems things I can solve by altering the SPU settings? What do I do?

My system - AMD Athlon 1000mhz
128mg RAM
Nvidia RIVA TNT2 64/64Pro graphics card
34 gig HD

I'm using:
ePSXe 1.4
Pete's OpenGL 1.50
Null2's SPU 1.3
Internal CD plugin

thanks!

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Hi George, hehheh, you live just round corner from me, I live in Peterborough! :)

Since you are using Pete's graphics plugins, have you tried setting the frame limit to auto detect and switch the frame limiter on? Or maybe, it could be your CD drive, you could try creating an ISO image of your CD and run the image from your hard disk (since you have 34Gb HD that not a problem), this will speed things up quite a lot. You can use cdrwin (www.goldenhawk.com) to make an image (.bin and .cue file produced), or you can use isobuster (just a .bin file produced), you can then use the RUN ISO option in ePSXe, and point it to your .bin file. Hope this helps :) Which GT? You may need to check the 'accurate CDROM timing' option on the CD config page too!

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
It sounds like you got your problem solved. Here's another suggestion though all the same. When playing from a CD you can use Pete's CD plugin 1.06 and set the "try to limit speed" option to 2x. 2x is the CDrom speed in a real PSX.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts