Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok my sister owns the copy of FF8 at my house and the evil biatch won't let me use it hence i conspired to steal it and copy the .img files to my hdd then play it like that, and I did :D
However, now that the .img files are on my hdd, they refuse to run in epsxe. When I try to run it, it initialises properly and opens the graphics window, but there it freezes :(
When I select run from CD instead, it works perfectly.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh
silly me
so the 606mb .img file isnt good enuff and i need the other two files on there
ahh
thanks man :)
now i can thwart her evil plans for good

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Wait a minute, how did you get a .img file? Did you use CloneCD? If so you might not have used the right settings.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got it working, it looks good with all the filtering enabled etc, but I have one last question - whats a good max fps for FF8 coz all of the music seems really slow yet I have the max fps set to 50
At times the music gets REALLY slow but there is no drop in frame rates and i have an adequate computer (tbird [email protected], 128mb ram, geforce 1 ddr)

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
If its a PAL (EURO) version it should be at 50fps. If its a NTSC (US) then its supposed to be at 60fps. You could try setting it above the recommended limit(you won't mess anything up), but it might not solve anything for you.
Maybe you should try some other sound plugins. Try Iori's 1.46, Pete's 1.10, or the internal SPU.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts