I have also tried all the cd pulgins...dont work
the only way to get the games to work is to create
an ISO of the game and then play it.
can some body help me..... :mad: :mg:

·
Registered
513 Posts
>I cant seem to get a cd to run on my computer
Are we to assume that you mean a CDRW that has a PSX game on it?

>won't work on my cd-r or my dvd.
Likewise, I'm assuming you mean it won't play within ePSXe yet, because you mention being able to dump an ISO, it does in fact read correctly in Windows, right?

>can some body help me.....
There's any number of possible reasons why it might not be working correctly. A possible solution may be this:

1. Dump an ISO of the game in question.
2. Do a *complete* erase of the CDRW making sure that no latent data remains. An older version of some mastering software I once used had a bad habit of removing the first session on a CDRW yet neglecting to erase the remainder.
3. Burn the ISO to the CDRW and try again.

If this doesn't work I'd suggest burning the ISO to a plain CDR and seeing if it'll read *that.*

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
ok now...im using a regular psx cd...don't work
I also cant get burned cd's to work...I have tried everything
but thats not the case I just want to know why a psx cd wont work.... they work perfectly with VGS and the cd-r hack for VGS

the iso seem the only way...darn

·
Registered
28 Posts
Likewise

My problem is that i cant get to the Menu of the games.....for some reason it just wont go there...it loops through the demos on every game...:eek:

·
Registered
513 Posts
>ok now...im using a regular psx cd...don't work
When you use your PSX CD in ePSXe, does the status window (the one that looks like a DOS terminal session) have any errors displayed? The fact that neither a PSX CD nor a copy works gives me pause, as I can't help but to wonder if you just haven't missed something in your CD Plugin's configuration. Would you mind posting your settings to the board?

S

·
0 Posts
Are you using a CD-RW to record on and then try to play? If so, then perhaps you should try a CD-R instead. They are much more reliable to read from when you close them than CD-RWs are. CD-RWs are best used as "virtual hard drives" or for temporary storage, not for permanent store of games and such. My friend, who is a programmer, filled me in on this when I to was having troubles w/a CD-RW.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sorry don't know want settings your talking about?
but I can say that there are no errors in the DOS box
everything seems to be ok...well it looks like that

S

·
0 Posts
The settings being referred to are your system specs and what type of plugins you are using to run ePSXe. This tells other members a lot and then they are better able to help you.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Did you select your cd drive letter both in the plugin AND in theplugin configuration screen (It probably say's first drive, change it to your drive letter that matches the drive letter you set in pete's plugin.

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Originally posted by AKUMA_MSvs.S
my system is...win ME
AMD athlon
1.2 GHz
256 ram
Hewlett packard CD-Writer plus
Toshiba DVD-rom

and epsx.... also using bios 7001
hey! U have exactly the same cd drives I have! :) :) :)
But i have a nifty 466 celeron GRRRRRRR

·
Registered
513 Posts
>final fantasy VII work on epsx
Yes, but only so long as you use one of the 1.1.x series, as 1.2 won't work correctly. Of course, if I have the wrong version I'd welcome someone correcting me ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts