Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a new computer, could look up all the info, but dont wanna unless its neccessary. it was working fine, but now its not reading some cds. my cd rom read FFT before, but now it wont. It also read FF9 before and wont now either. It wont read GT2 at all. Music cds and Gameday2000 seem to work fine though. my other computer reads the cds with no problem, so does my burner. could something be wrong, or do i just need to check out my cd-rom?

·
Coffee Demon
2,907 Posts
Hmmm

What CDR plugin are you using....and if it is Pete's..does the "Auto detection" feature work....
Also what operating system is this PC using...and does the CD Rom have current drivers.....all these could effect why you cannot read certain PSX games...
One last thing...is it CD rom or DVD rom...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes im using petes, and the auto detect works when the cd is being read. sometimes the comp wont even acknowledge there is a cd there. it would read a cd, i would take it out, but it wouldnt read the next. i would have to restart my comp, then it would read it. yes its a dvd rom, it says dvd on the front. im using windows me, drivers should be current, computers only about 4 months old. the cds work in my burner and my other computers cd rom

·
Coffee Demon
2,907 Posts
Hmmm

Some DVD's cannot read PSX CD's.....we didn't mention this because you had stated that Gameday2000 worked....we assume this was a PSX game.... This is indeed odd....we will see what else we can think of

1 - 5 of 5 Posts