Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Cd-Rom keeps ejecting my media. It's in near mint condition (besides the fact that it's 2 years old but I've kept it in good shape). I'm scanning my computer for any viruses that could cause it to keep ejecting it but no luck so far. I was wondering what else would cause it to do that and what would be some remedies?

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
god a bad news 4 u dude... had same problem with my DVDrom from creative, nothing helped... cleaning, kicking punching throwing (j/k;)) even in service they couldn't say what was the problem...

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
quick newsflash, nothing that has been used repeatedly for 2 years is in "mint" condition. "mint" would indicate barely used, indistiguishable from a brand new one ;)

anywho, there is a possibility that your drive is dead, especially if it is from a "lesser" brand like Creative (their drives are pretty much the worst ever).

otherwise, do you just put the CD in and it immediately rejects it? or does it read from it a bit and then spits it out? describe it with a bit more detail.

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
KanedA said:
god a bad news 4 u dude... had same problem with my DVDrom from creative, nothing helped... cleaning, kicking punching throwing (j/k;)) even in service they couldn't say what was the problem...
Hehe I got that drive as well ;). It must be a design flaw with the eject mechanism, becuase every time you press the button it behaves as if you pressed it twice :p. I have to physically grab the tray to keep it open long enough to insert/remove the disk :D. I never really worried too much though, as that drive is now my seondary one.... I rarely use it anymore.

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
me too, but I don't think that it was the eject mechanism, 'couse that drive couldn't recognize what was on cd and than eject :)

·
Emulation to the max!
2,560 Posts
Well it seems that your drive must be shot... though if you have some tools you coud open it up remove the cover and manually put the disc in so that it cannot be ejected. Try cleaning the laser jiggle it abit. But otherwise it's time for a new drive. Go DVD±R/RW! :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hmmm seems I fixed it. I just turned of my computer (something I rarely do) and push the drive back in. Rebooted and bam it doesn't eject by itself anymore, but I do plan on replacing it though. Gotta burn those dvds :) Thanks for all your help.

·
Emulation to the max!
2,560 Posts
OMG. You didn't try a reset before this... the stupidity continues. J/k :p

·
Just visiting ^_^
8,299 Posts
> My Cd-Rom keeps ejecting my media. It's in near mint condition (besides the fact that it's 2 years old but I've kept it in good shape). I'm scanning my computer for any viruses that could cause it to keep ejecting it but no luck so far. I was wondering what else would cause it to do that and what would be some remedies?

its probably the eject mechanism... I had similar problems, just push the door of the cdrom...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts